Discussion BBLoader issue log. (old, no longer used)

Status
Not open for further replies.
BBLoader version: 1.3

Description of issue: My Wii will only boot up when an SD card is inserted. I thought it was because of something saved to the SD card but then I tried a different one in its place and managed to boot. I wouldn't normally see this as much of an issue but I'm planning on turning my Wii into a portable, so I need it to work with just a USB drive.

USB Drive: My USB drive is a SanDisk Cruzer Force 32GB (I'm going to get a new USB soon as I've heard the SanDisk ones cause trouble.)

Video Output: Composite.

State of Wii: Untrimmed.

Edit: Never mind! The problem was just the SanDisk USB Drive. I used a micro SD with a USB adapter instead.

Last edited:

Description of issues:
Half of my GameCube games never output any video but the rest work flawlessly, the games that don't display anything do evidently still run as I can exit Nintendont with the key combination. I thought this might be related to progressive scan support or lack thereof, as none of the working games are 480i only, but there are also several 480p supported games that don't work.

Homebrew that comes as a boot.elf instead of boot.dol doesn't show up at all, and just freezes the system if I try converting it to boot.dol

How to recreate issue: For homebrew: try to use any boot.elf homebrew (doesn't appear) or converted to boot.dol homebrew (freezes) such as ScummVM. For GameCube, see table:

Working GamesNon-working Games (No VGA output)
Mario Kart Double DashStar Fox Assault
Zelda Wind WakerGoldenEye Rogue Agent
Zelda Twilight PrincessFire Emblem Path of Radiance
Animal CrossingSuper Smash Bros Melee
Star Fox AdventuresPaper Mario Thousand Year Door
Need for Speed UndergroundPikmin
Need for Speed Underground 2Pikmin 2
Auto ModellistaSuper Mario Sunshine
Pokemon ColosseumLuigi's Mansion
Pokemon XDBloodrayne
BurnoutPixar Cars
Burnout 2Harvest Moon Magical Melody
Chibi RoboIkaruga
Custom RoboTomb Raider Legend
F-Zero GXRally Championship
Kirby Air RideSims Bustin Out
Zelda Collector's EditionSoulCalibur II
Zelda Four SwordsStreet Racing Syndicate
Lego Star Wars IISummoner 2
R:Racing EvolutionSuper Monkey Ball
Mario StrikersTony Hawk Pro Skater 3
Super Monkey Ball 2Tony Hawk Underground
Tony Hawk American WastelandTony Hawk Underground 2
Wario World

Note that all of the non-working games (excluding ones I added later) all worked through USB Loader GX over component previously.

EDIT: It seems at least for what I've tried so far, the issue is the non-working games will not default to progressive scan automatically. I was able to get Star Fox Assault to work by mashing A blindly to pick yes for progressive.

Pictures of error and/or error codes: Lack of any video output/freezing

USB Drive: Intel 545s 512GB SSD on a generic USB-SATA bridge

Video output method: Native VGA mod driving a Dell CRT

State of Wii: Untrimmed

Last edited:

Anris

Description of issues:
Half of my GameCube games never output any video but the rest work flawlessly, the games that don't display anything do evidently still run as I can exit Nintendont with the key combination. I thought this might be related to progressive scan support or lack thereof, as none of the working games are 480i only, but there are also several 480p supported games that don't work.

Homebrew that comes as a boot.elf instead of boot.dol doesn't show up at all, and just freezes the system if I try converting it to boot.dol

How to recreate issue: For homebrew: try to use any boot.elf homebrew (doesn't appear) or converted to boot.dol homebrew (freezes) such as ScummVM. For GameCube, see table:

Working GamesNon-working Games (No VGA output)
Mario Kart Double DashStar Fox Assault
Zelda Wind WakerGoldenEye Rogue Agent
Zelda Twilight PrincessFire Emblem Path of Radiance
Animal CrossingSuper Smash Bros Melee
Star Fox AdventuresPaper Mario Thousand Year Door
Need for Speed UndergroundPikmin
Need for Speed Underground 2Pikmin 2
Auto ModellistaSuper Mario Sunshine
Pokemon ColosseumLuigi's Mansion
Pokemon XDBloodrayne
BurnoutPixar Cars
Burnout 2Harvest Moon Magical Melody
Chibi RoboIkaruga
Custom RoboTomb Raider Legend
F-Zero GXRally Championship
Kirby Air RideSims Bustin Out
Zelda Collector's EditionSoulCalibur II
Zelda Four SwordsStreet Racing Syndicate
Lego Star Wars IISummoner 2
R:Racing EvolutionSuper Monkey Ball
Mario StrikersTony Hawk Pro Skater 3
Super Monkey Ball 2Tony Hawk Underground
Tony Hawk American WastelandTony Hawk Underground 2
Wario World

Note that all of the non-working games (excluding ones I added later) all worked through USB Loader GX over component previously.

EDIT: It seems at least for what I've tried so far, the issue is the non-working games will not default to progressive scan automatically. I was able to get Star Fox Assault to work by mashing A blindly to pick yes for progressive.

Pictures of error and/or error codes: Lack of any video output/freezing

USB Drive: Intel 545s 512GB SSD on a generic USB-SATA bridge

Video output method: Native VGA mod driving a Dell CRT

State of Wii: Untrimmed
I have the same problem, for me its just all the games, they load up with nintendont and then the screen says not supportet.
I run vga output and have tried mashing a blindly and getting a picture output for a short wile.
I hope that this gets a sollution
I use european ISO files, maybe that has something to say?

CrazyGadget

Crazy Helpful, CrazyGadget
Portables
???
I have the same problem, for me its just all the games, they load up with nintendont and then the screen says not supportet.
I run vga output and have tried mashing a blindly and getting a picture output for a short wile.
I hope that this gets a sollution
I use european ISO files, maybe that has something to say?
Did you force progressive for all of your games? Not all games have progressive support, but I haven't had issues with the games listed there. Press B while hovering over whatever game you want to play and enable Force Progressive. If you don't do that, you need to just press A a lot when you start a game, as the "Do you want to enable progressive scan mode?" screen will not show if progressive is not forced. Once it's been enabled, you should be able to see the game, whether you force it from the get go or by mashing A upon startup.

@videogame57 this should apply to you as well

Description of issue: Every time I boot up a Wii game, loads for a bit, then says “Waiting for DI” this doesn’t happen on GC games.

How to recreate issue: Load up any Wii game

Pictures of error and/or error codes:
63A34001-ECBA-4E4B-8C5B-A83B9DE6AA46.jpeg
USB Drive: (Brand, Size): SanDisk glide 16 GB

Video output method: (VGA, Component, Composite): composite

State of Wii: (Trimmed/Untrimmed): Untrimmed

I fixed that issue on mine by hitting "B" on the game and messing with some of the options :). You can also change your controller mapping with Wii games as well. Give it a go and see if anything changes!

Hey guys,

Was hoping to get some guidance as I seem to be at a stand still on my portable wii build.
I installed BBLoader v1.3 and everything seems to boot as it should using my Samsung 256gb usb, however when loading my GameCube games through Nintendont I just get a black screen and the game never seems to finish loading. I did discover If I put a SD card in with the game files on there saved in the same format (game.iso) I’m able to load them through that. Is there a way to perhaps delete bbloader and reinstall everything from scratch? Would appreciate any advice on fixing my issue!

Description of issue: GameCube games won’t load

How to recreate issue: installed BBLoader using Samsung 256 gb usb. (Believe sd card might have been in the wii when installing it though)

Pictures of error and/or error codes: black screen

USB Drive: Samsung 256gb

Video output method: Component

State of Wii: untrimmed

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Hey guys,

Was hoping to get some guidance as I seem to be at a stand still on my portable wii build.
I installed BBLoader v1.3 and everything seems to boot as it should using my Samsung 256gb usb, however when loading my GameCube games through Nintendont I just get a black screen and the game never seems to finish loading. I did discover If I put a SD card in with the game files on there saved in the same format (game.iso) I’m able to load them through that. Is there a way to perhaps delete bbloader and reinstall everything from scratch? Would appreciate any advice on fixing my issue!

Description of issue: GameCube games won’t load

How to recreate issue: installed BBLoader using Samsung 256 gb usb. (Believe sd card might have been in the wii when installing it though)

Pictures of error and/or error codes: black screen

USB Drive: Samsung 256gb

Video output method: Component

State of Wii: untrimmed
Hold L+R+Z on your GC controller on boot, you can re-run the installer from there

Ethan

Description of issue:
no usb recognized on boot stuck on bbloader bootloader 00 screen

How to recreate issue: using Bbloader 1.3 with the files that worked with 1.2, It no longer works after the update

note: after erasing all contents of the usb and reformatting it to hat 32 32k cluster and copying everything over again, it boots in Bbloader properly only once,
after this it no longer boots, and when plugged back into my PC, windows says it detects an error and want me to repair the drive.

Ive also tested it with my Samsung evo mircosd card to verify nothing else is wrong and there's no issues on any of my setups with the sd card, on the Fit

Pictures of error and/or error codes: attached below

USB Drive: (Brand, Size) Samsung fit usb3.0 64gb

Video output method: (VGA, Component, Composite) same issue on Vga and composite

State of Wii: (Trimmed/Untrimmed) same issue on a trimmed and untrimmed wii
also same with bt and no Bt on the trimmed wii

Attachments

RVLoader Version: RVLoader 1.0

Description of Issue: GC2Wiimote is not working for some games. It's perfectly compatible with Cave Story + and Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga, but it doesn't seem to accept inputs in Rhythm Heaven Fever and Skyward Sword.

Pictures of Error: n/a, varies with game

Usb Drive: HP V220W

Video Output: Composite

State of Wii: Untrimmed, but missing disc drive and bluetooth nonfunctional

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
RVLoader Version: RVLoader 1.0

Description of Issue: GC2Wiimote is not working for some games. It's perfectly compatible with Cave Story + and Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga, but it doesn't seem to accept inputs in Rhythm Heaven Fever and Skyward Sword.

Pictures of Error: n/a, varies with game

Usb Drive: HP V220W

Video Output: Composite

State of Wii: Untrimmed, but missing disc drive and bluetooth nonfunctional
Not sure about Rhythm Heaven Fever, but Skyward Sword isn't working because it's a Wii Motion Plus reliant game. RVLoader doesn't have Wii Motion Plus support yet.

BBLoader version: Rvloader 1.4

Description of issue:
wiiware games don't starting (black screen after boot message(launching /channels/game.wad))

USB Drive: Hard drive Seagate 500GB (from laptop) via usb 3.0 adapter

Video Output: Composite.

State of Wii: Untrimmed console without dvd-drive.

Last edited:
BBLoader version: RVLoader v1.6

Description of issue: When I enabled the VGA patch on the installer, my Wii won't display any video/audio, but it will turn on

How to recreate issue: Enable VGA patch on installation

Pictures of error and/or error codes: Just a black screen and my TV doesn't get a signal from the console

USB Drive: (Brand, Size) SanDisk Cruzer Glide 16GB

Video output method: (VGA, Component, Composite) Component

State of Wii: (Trimmed/Untrimmed) Untrimmed, DVD drive is broken

Shipyu

BBLoader version: RVLoader v1.6

Description of issue: When I enabled the VGA patch on the installer, my Wii won't display any video/audio, but it will turn on

How to recreate issue: Enable VGA patch on installation

Pictures of error and/or error codes: Just a black screen and my TV doesn't get a signal from the console

USB Drive: (Brand, Size) SanDisk Cruzer Glide 16GB

Video output method: (VGA, Component, Composite) Component

State of Wii: (Trimmed/Untrimmed) Untrimmed, DVD drive is broken
To get VGA output by default on RVLoader with the VGA patch enabled, you need to solder the "Mode" pin with 3.3v.
To test if you're still getting video right, you can unplug and plug back your video cables so that component mode is forced to the output.

I may be wrong, correct me if that's the case

Status
Not open for further replies.