Discussion BBLoader issue log. (old, no longer used)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Portables
Gamecube has a handle, right?
I don't believe the GameCube controller through the Wii U gamecube adaptor fully works in BBLoader.
You'll need to plug it into the ports built into the Wii.

If you have a family Wii, (no GCc ports,) to be able to use a GCc to navigate before making the GBoy, you'll need to either wire the controller directly to the pins on the motherboard, or salvage some GCc ports from somewhere else.

But, as long as the WiiMote is working, the software is fully working, and you can start the trim. The GC controller emulator (the GC+2.0) will get wired to a place that is present on every type of Wii, so your GC+ will be able to work no matter what.

Alright, thanks man. Yeah it's a family wii, black case. I'll do the VGA change and get to work!
Edit: Does VGA enable not kill composite video out? I did the VGA enable and I still have video, even after a reboot.

Last edited:

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
Alright, thanks man. Yeah it's a family wii, black case. I'll do the VGA change and get to work!
Edit: Does VGA enable not kill composite video out? I did the VGA enable and I still have video, even after a reboot.
Correct, VGA replaces component video, not composite

I'm trying to install BBLoader since I just got my G-Boy in the mail and no matter what I do, BBLoader won't show up on the homebrew channel. I even tried FAT32 formatting it. Help?

BBLoader version: v1.1

Description of issue:
Can't seem to install BBLoader onto my already homebrewed wii

How to recreate issue:
Install homebrew channel on wii and try installing BBloader from the homebrew channel

USB Drive: (Brand, Size)
Digipower USB Reader, Sandisk Ultra Plus microsdhc into a reader (it does work with other homebrew apps)

Video output method: (VGA, Component, Composite)
Composite, stock cables that came with my original wii

State of Wii: (Trimmed/Untrimmed)
Untrimmed

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
I'm trying to install BBLoader since I just got my G-Boy in the mail and no matter what I do, BBLoader won't show up on the homebrew channel. I even tried FAT32 formatting it. Help?

Description of issue: Can't seem to install BBLoader onto my already homebrewed wii

How to recreate issue: Install homebrew channel on wii and try installing BBloader from the homebrew channel

USB Drive: (Brand, Size) Digipower USB Reader, Sandisk Ultra Plus microsdhc into a reader (it does work with other homebrew apps)

Video output method: (VGA, Component, Composite) Composite, stock cables that came with my original wii

State of Wii: (Trimmed/Untrimmed) Untrimmed
If it doesn't show up it's either because you copied it in the wrong folder or because you still have the SD card inserted in the front of your Wii and the homebrew channel is just listing the homebrews on your SD card

I have my wbfs games set up as [USBDRIVE/wbfs/game.wbfs] , and when i try to launch any one on hiidra it gets stuck on "Waiting for DI". any clue what could be?

Description of issue: Can't launch wii games on hiidra (stuck at "Waiting for DI")

USB Drive: 64GB ADATA

Video output method: (VGA, Component, Composite) Original wii cables

State of Wii: Untrimmed

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
I have my wbfs games set up as [USBDRIVE/wbfs/game.wbfs] , and when i try to launch any one on hiidra it gets stuck on "Waiting for DI". any clue what could be?

Description of issue: Can't launch wii games on hiidra (stuck at "Waiting for DI")

USB Drive: 64GB ADATA

Sounds like a compatibility issue with your usb drive

Description of issue: Wii games are working fine, but I can't get Gamecube games to appear on the GC Games menu (eg. for Double Dash,I have the files structured as USB/games/Mario Kart Double Dash!!/Mario Kart Double Dash!! (USA).iso). I tried the iso in Dolphin as well to see if the file couldn't be read or was corrupted and it runs fine.

USB Drive: Kingston MicroSD Card USB Adapter with Samsung EVO Plus MicroSD Card.

Video output method: Composite

Description of issue: Cant get past the loading screen.

When i boot in it stays in the loading screen for a second and then kicks me back to the homebrew menu. If i select bbloader from there it will go on the loading screen for a second and then back to the homebrew menu. I attempted to boot into the wii menu through safe mode to see what the homebrew channel looked like and it was upside down. When i went through to bbloader i ended up back in the same loading screen loop.

This all started happening after i tried to put some games onto the sd. Prior to this it went into bbloader with no problem. I since removed the games and the problem persists.

USB Drive: kingston usb & sandisk ultra 128 GB

State of Wii: untrimmed

28A0A7E2-B234-4773-A178-BC0BD575E15A.jpeg
CC331786-39E7-4AF6-89EE-46461E02146C.jpeg

Attachments

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables

Description of issue: Cant get past the loading screen.

When i boot in it stays in the loading screen for a second and then kicks me back to the homebrew menu. If i select bbloader from there it will go on the loading screen for a second and then back to the homebrew menu. I attempted to boot into the wii menu through safe mode to see what the homebrew channel looked like and it was upside down. When i went through to bbloader i ended up back in the same loading screen loop.

This all started happening after i tried to put some games onto the sd. Prior to this it went into bbloader with no problem. I since removed the games and the problem persists.

USB Drive: kingston usb & sandisk ultra 128 GB

State of Wii: untrimmed

View attachment 14541View attachment 14544
That homebrew menu is part of BBLoader, it's not the homebrew channel. Use the C-Stick on your gamecube controller to switch menu to GC/Wii games

Description of issue: Games and emulators crashing

So I have a couple of wii games which crash on boot up, including Bully, Mortal Kombat Armageddon and Wii Sports + Resort. Funnily enough Bully only crashes when I turn on Gc2wiimote but if I dont enable it, it loads fine I cant play whereas MK loads up for a bit then crashes and Wii sports + resort crashes after picking which game you want. Also I can't seem to get both not64 and Wiisxr to work. They both show up in the HB menu but seem to crash on start up. I managed to get vgba to work though

Dont know exact internals but I got my gboy commissioned by Gman

Last edited:
Hi, I just installed BBloader today and it seems to have caused my USB drive to be non compatible with my trimmed Wii. I had PortablizeMii running fine beforehand, but after installing BBloader and briefly running it I cannot get my USB to work with BBloader or the Priiloader menu. I have tried replacing the BBloader files as well as using versions 1.1 and 1.2, using 1.1 worked briefly but then after a green screen crash it was back to not reading my USB. I reformatted my drive to NTFS and then FAT32 with 32kbit clusters, still no luck. I am unable to go into the safe menu as well.

I want to be able to test out VGA but if this problem persists then my best option is to go back to Portablizemii for the time being, but I am unable to do that since priiloader isn't recognizing my drive and the homebrew channel does not display anything. Is there a solution I am not seeing, or a way for me to switch back to Portablizemii in the current state of my portable?

BBLoader version: V1.1

Description of issue:
USB drive doesn't seem to be supported after BBloader install

How to recreate issue:
Turn on system, attempt to boot.

Pictures of error and/or error codes:

Black screen with text:
"BBLoader bootloader 00
Failed to initialize FAT FS! is an USB drive plugged in?
Press A to boot into priiloader"

USB Drive:
Recommended Samsung FIT 128GB (the discontinued white one)

Video output method:
Composite

State of Wii:
Trimmed, all components working fine beforehand

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
Hi, I just installed BBloader today and it seems to have caused my USB drive to be non compatible with my trimmed Wii. I had PortablizeMii running fine beforehand, but after installing BBloader and briefly running it I cannot get my USB to work with BBloader or the Priiloader menu. I have tried replacing the BBloader files as well as using versions 1.1 and 1.2, using 1.1 worked briefly but then after a green screen crash it was back to not reading my USB. I reformatted my drive to NTFS and then FAT32 with 32kbit clusters, still no luck. I am unable to go into the safe menu as well.

I want to be able to test out VGA but if this problem persists then my best option is to go back to Portablizemii for the time being, but I am unable to do that since priiloader isn't recognizing my drive and the homebrew channel does not display anything. Is there a solution I am not seeing, or a way for me to switch back to Portablizemii in the current state of my portable?

BBLoader version: V1.1

Description of issue: USB drive doesn't seem to be supported after BBloader install

How to recreate issue: Turn on system, attempt to boot.

Pictures of error and/or error codes:

Black screen with text:
"BBLoader bootloader 00
Failed to initialize FAT FS! is an USB drive plugged in?
Press A to boot into priiloader"

USB Drive: Recommended Samsung FIT 128GB (the discontinued white one)

State of Wii: Trimmed, all components working fine beforehand
It sounds to me like you set the "Patch out WiFi" option to "No", so now it doesn't work because WiFi is not wired anymore

It sounds to me like you set the "Patch out WiFi" option to "No", so now it doesn't work because WiFi is not wired anymore
WiFi patch was set to "Yes", I ended up reinstalling PM and then reinstalling BBL once I rebooted enough for my USB to luckily be recognized, and right now I am in a somewhat stable version of BBL 1.3. The priiloader menu is buggy and slow but BBloader seems to be working right now. I'm just not going to touch anything until the next update.

Is there a proper way to uninstall homebrew apps from the actual Wii memory? I just set autoboot to Disabled and then deleted the apps off the USB, then reinstalled. I'm guessing there is probably a conflict between my PM installation and BBloader.

WillF

Hi, I haven't trimmed my wii yet. I want to get the software installation over with first.

Here's my issue with BBLoader
After installing the iOS wads mentioned in the forum I nearly installed BBLoader but when I go in it says
Could not load /bbloader/themes/BBmain/theme.xml
I have all of these on the SD Card. Plz help mii.

Attachments

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Hi, I haven't trimmed my wii yet. I want to get the software installation over with first.

Here's my issue with BBLoader
After installing the iOS wads mentioned in the forum I nearly installed BBLoader but when I go in it says
Could not load /bbloader/themes/BBmain/theme.xml
I have all of these on the SD Card. Plz help mii.
The install files need to be on a USB drive, not an SD card. The SD slot must be empty when installing BBLoader.

WillF

Is there no way to run BBLoader on the SD Card later? Does it say on the build guide if I still have to use USB for BBLoader?

ScrambledFrequency

Custom title wanter
Portables
BBLoader version: v1.3

Description of issue: One Wii game and one VC game do not work.

How to recreate issue: For LEGO Batman 2: Launch with GC2Wiimote enabled

Pictures of error and/or error codes: LEGO Batman 2 DC Super Heroes - Black Screen
1942 ( Arcade VC ) - Wii says: there was an error writing to or reading from the Wii System Memory
USB Drive: Kingston MicroSD Adaptor and Patriot 16GB MicroSD Card

State of Wii: Untrimmed, although the U10 Relocation has been performed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.