Discussion BBLoader issue log. (old, no longer used)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
so I ordered USB ports and soldered my own port with twisted magnet wire, I used a drill to twist the wire, and also used the wiis original power adapter block in the wall and am still getting the same Exception (DSI) Occured. Is it just an issue with the board at this point? I would not think it is a USB issue as I am extremely positive and have double checked with continuity that the correct data pins are connected. Without a doubt a steady 5v is being supplied to the USB. And I cant imagine the Wii draws more than 3.7 A because that is what the original power source is rated at, and withso much of the board gone it should draw less. I am completely at a loss as to why this error keeps occuring.
It's hard to tell, it's most likely an issue with your trim. You can try sanding the edges of your board a bit more, just in case you shorted something. Also try shorting the reset via to ground (check the trimming guide to know where that via is) to get into priiloader on boot and see if that works well and you can also go in the Load/Install menu (don't install anything though)

Hi everyone!

BBLoader version: Bbloader v1.1

Description of issue: BBLoader boot loader 00

How to recreate issue: when boot

Pictures of error and/or error codes:

USB Drive: (Brand, Size)
Sandisk 64 Gb

Video output method: (VGA, Component, Composite) still testing with Wii2HDMI adapter

State of Wii: (Trimmed/Untrimmed) Untrimmed yet

It loaded the gamecube games, but since it didn't have a gamepad, it couldn't change to wii games and it couldn't play gamecube games. I have received the gamepad and I have a few days off to continue the project of making a portable wii with bbloader, but at first they loaded the gamecube games and today I have found this. The usb is formatted in fat32 and mbr.

Attachments

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
Sadly SanDisk drives are not fully supported yet, especially with wii games. I am trying to fix them

but the gamecube games do not appear either, and before if it worked for me, I have also tried with a micro sd adapter, but the same screen appears.

Nick_G

Hi, I installed BBLoader a couple days ago and it’s wonderful but I have one problem, I can’t play Wii games in it. Gamecube games seem to work perfectly fine but when it comes to play Wii games a black screen appears.

BBLoader version: v1.1

Description of issue: BBLoader doesn’t load Wii games, it just boots into a black screen. When booting Wii games Hiidra appears and loads, then a “Hiidra is running!” message appears, after that some more code comes and finally flashes to a green screen and turns black forever.

How to recreate issue: Try booting Wii games on BBLoader

Pictures of error and/or error codes: boots Hiidra and says its running, then flashes to a green screen and goes black forever and doesn’t load the game.

USB Drive: (Brand, Size) Toshiba 64gb
Video output method: (VGA, Component, Composite) I’m not sure how to answer this. When I installed BBLoader I installed the VGA patch but right now as my Wii isn’t trimmed yet (I was waiting until I get Wii games working) I’m using the composite cable.

State of Wii: (Trimmed/Untrimmed) Untrimmed

Hope you can help me with this.

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
Hi, I installed BBLoader a couple days ago and it’s wonderful but I have one problem, I can’t play Wii games in it. Gamecube games seem to work perfectly fine but when it comes to play Wii games a black screen appears.

BBLoader version: v1.1

Description of issue: BBLoader doesn’t load Wii games, it just boots into a black screen. When booting Wii games Hiidra appears and loads, then a “Hiidra is running!” message appears, after that some more code comes and finally flashes to a green screen and turns black forever.

How to recreate issue: Try booting Wii games on BBLoader

Pictures of error and/or error codes: boots Hiidra and says its running, then flashes to a green screen and goes black forever and doesn’t load the game.

USB Drive: (Brand, Size) Toshiba 64gb
Video output method: (VGA, Component, Composite) I’m not sure how to answer this. When I installed BBLoader I installed the VGA patch but right now as my Wii isn’t trimmed yet (I was waiting until I get Wii games working) I’m using the composite cable.

Hope you can help me with this.
Have you tried multiple Wii games? If so, which ones? Also press B on the selected game to access its settings and check what are your bluetooth settings. You should either enable Bluetooth or make sure to configure GC2Wiimote if you have that enabled and BT disabled.

Nick_G

Have you tried multiple Wii games? If so, which ones? Also press B on the selected game to access its settings and check what are your bluetooth settings. You should either enable Bluetooth or make sure to configure GC2Wiimote if you have that enabled and BT disabled.
I only tried Mario Galaxy to be honest. About the Bluetooth or GC2Wiimote, I tried both options (one each time) but it didn't work with any of them. I’ll make sure to try other games.

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
I only tried Mario Galaxy to be honest. About the Bluetooth or GC2Wiimote, I tried both options (one each time) but it didn't work with any of them. I’ll make sure to try other games.
In that case it might be a compatibility issue with that specific drive.

Nick_G

In that case it might be a compatibility issue with that specific drive.
I just tried another two games (Mario Kart Wii and New Super Mario Bros) and didn’t work either, seems like it is my USB. What USB (or SD card + adapter) would you say works best/has the best compatibility with Bbloader? Also thanks for the help.

CrashBash

No emulation, real hardware
Staff member
BBLOADER VERSION: v1.1

DESCRIPTION OF ISSUE: the game - Tatsunoko vs Capcom ultimate all stars OR cross generations does not work - I have tried multiple wbfs - rip from my copy of the game, some files from archive.org - none work, upon load it just goes to blank screen. all my other 25 wii games work just fine for reference

HOW TO CREATE ISSUE: try load up tatsunoko vs Capcom game

USB DRIVE: Samsung evo 256gb SD card with Anker usb 3.0 card reader

VIDEO OUTPUT: composite

STATE OF WII: Untrimmed

Found the solution to this - the game doesn’t load if you have a GameCube controller connected when loading the game for some reason - looking on forums others had the same issue - I quickly take the GameCube controller off when I press A to load game and once it’s loaded put it back on and works just fine - my question is once I’d do trim my board and make a gboy- will I still have issues with the game? As in are the controls recognised as a GameCube controller or anything like that in the gboy kit or is it purely what you put as controls in hiidra idk

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
Found the solution to this - the game doesn’t load if you have a GameCube controller connected when loading the game for some reason - looking on forums others had the same issue - I quickly take the GameCube controller off when I press A to load game and once it’s loaded put it back on and works just fine - my question is once I’d do trim my board and make a gboy- will I still have issues with the game? As in are the controls recognised as a GameCube controller or anything like that in the gboy kit or is it purely what you put as controls in hiidra idk
Wew that's a weird issue lol
The G-Boy kit uses a PCB based on GC+, which is seen as a Gamecube controller, so it would still have the issue. I'll try to investigate it.

Last edited:
Wew that's a weird issue lol
The G-Boy kit uses a PCB based on GC+, which is seen as a Gamecube controller, so it would still have the issue. I'll try to investigate it.
Weird that it’s one game that actually supports GameCube controller and works fine when playing the physical copy lol

Weird that it’s one game that actually supports GameCube controller and works fine when playing the physical copy lol
Also read on forums a workaround might be to have someone ore-existing game save file installed and then it would work - wouldn’t know where to look for someone else’s game save file for this game so haven’t tested that yet lol

Hi everyone!

BBLoader version: Bbloader v1.1

Description of issue:

The Pandora's Tower game even mapping to have a nunchuk or or a Classic Control emulated connected to it, it keeps asking to connect the same, I took it as default to create the mapper, the mapper for Mario Galaxy 2.

How to recreate issue:

Map an emulation of Classic Control and NUnchuk and try to get into the game

Kingston 32 Gb DataTraveler50

Video output method: (VGA, Component, Composite) Component

BBLoader version:
v1.1

Description of issue:

Cannot enter the Safe Menu of BBLoader. I forgot to enable VGA video on my initial installation of BBLoader, but the L+R+Z button combo during boot does nothing.

Notes:
  • USB drive formatted with guiformat (Fat32 with 32k allocation units)
  • All homebrew, Wii, and Gamecube games I have loaded onto the drive work
  • I have tested the buttons in game and they all work
  • I patched out WiFi and did not enable VGA video during the installation
  • I am assembling the GBoy kit
How to recreate issue:
"Fresh" install BBLoader while patching out WiFi and not enabling VGA video?

N/A

Kingston Micro SD To USB Adapter (From BitBuilt Store) & SanDisk Ultra 64GB MicroSDXC Class 10 UHS Memory Card

Video output method: (VGA, Component, Composite)

Composite

State of Wii: (Trimmed/Untrimmed)

Trimmed

Turn on the Wii and charge the Priiloader
BBLoader version:
v1.1

Description of issue:
Cannot enter the Safe Menu of BBLoader. I forgot to enable VGA video on my initial installation of BBLoader, but the L+R+Z button combo during boot does nothing.

Notes:
  • All homebrew, Wii, and Gamecube games I have loaded onto the drive work
  • I patched out WiFi and did not enable VGA video during the installation
  • I am assembling the GBoy kit
How to recreate issue:
"Fresh" install BBLoader while patching out WiFi and not enabling VGA video?

N/A

Kingston Micro SD To USB Adapter (From BitBuilt Store) & SanDisk Ultra 64GB MicroSDXC Class 10 UHS Memory Card

Composite

Trimmed

Turn on the Wii and charge the Priiloader,
Then go to Load \ install file,
You will install any of these apps by pressing the "A" GC control button,
After installing, right there go to BBLOADER (AHBPROT Available) and press the Y GC control that will install the BBloader again and will be able to choose the part of the wii fi or the VGA.

Turn on the Wii and charge the Priiloader

Turn on the Wii and charge the Priiloader,
Then go to Load \ install file,
You will install any of these apps by pressing the "A" GC control button,
After installing, right there go to BBLOADER (AHBPROT Available) and press the Y GC control that will install the BBloader again and will be able to choose the part of the wii fi or the VGA.
Thank you, that worked.

Portables
BBLoader version:
v1.1

Description of issue:
Arter booting any Wii games i get an "error"

Notes:
  • GC games work just fine
  • WiFi and VGA -> not enabled

FSAccessPatch:93A112FE

Corsair Voyager

Component

Untrimmed

Update:
I just have broken SAVE folder, deleting it helped

Last edited by a moderator:
I am unable to navigate BBLoader, and various other menus, via the Gamecube controller. Only through the Wii controller. I can use the GC controller to play games after selecting a game ie. SSBM. Just received my GBOY kit and am ready to get started on the trim once I have the software all ready to go, which I believe I am very close. VGA is not yet enabled, since I'm still navigating everything while the Wii is together. GC controller is plugged in via the WiiU adapter and the single black USB. If I am being a moron please let me know. I've got experience soldering things from classes in high school, and the occasional amplifier fix that I do for my day job. The software is a bit of a hurdle for me, lots of jargon to keep track of, but I'm getting better lol. Looking forward to putting this together, I've always wanted a true DIY portable, even if I didn't do the leg work in engineering the whole thing. Thanks for your time.

Status
Not open for further replies.