Question Battery powering a PS2

Portables
PS2p
It's a very simple diagram but this is the idea.
I want to use the PlayStation 2 slimline
I didn’t quite understand your diagram, but why do you need other battery pack? And what the model of motherboard do you use? It very important for me to know and you are using bluetooth controller for build?

Sorry for my ignorance, it is true that there are several models of plates. I had no idea.
The PS2 that I bought has not yet arrived, as soon as it arrives I will tell you the board model.
Having another set of batteries would allow me to extend the time of use of the ps2, since I could have a separate power supply, one for the ps2 and another for the monitor.

The control wanted to add it as if it were a nintendo switch, with a pcb of a controller but split. I explain. Half a knob on one side and half on the other. But I'll start using a wireless controller to test the correct operation and autonomy of the PS2.

Portables
PS2p
Sorry for my ignorance, it is true that there are several models of plates. I had no idea.
The PS2 that I bought has not yet arrived, as soon as it arrives I will tell you the board model.
Having another set of batteries would allow me to extend the time of use of the ps2, since I could have a separate power supply, one for the ps2 and another for the monitor.

The control wanted to add it as if it were a nintendo switch, with a pcb of a controller but split. I explain. Half a knob on one side and half on the other. But I'll start using a wireless controller to test the correct operation and autonomy of the PS2.
It’s really hard to do switch style joy-cons especially on PS2, never seen modules for it and even complete production models on sale, I suggest you to use standard configuration and leave 1 player port and connect to it wireless controller, you can find my build “My first portable” where I did photo of first revision and don’t split batteries between PS2 and screen, if screen rated for 5v just use step-down regulator, 7900x and 9000x PS2 motherboards consume little amount of power, 7900x more preferruble, because it can be modded with more software based mods then 9000x motherboard. I used 9000x motherboard because it cheaper and if you got Emotion Engine from year 2008 you gonna be lucky, since it consumes less power and produces less heat

It's very cool. My idea isn't really to make joycons, it's the same thing you've done, to have that style of controls.
I would like to know about how you have it all built.
I've been looking for ps2 encoders to make my custom controller.
I don't know if there's a way to talk on discord or something someday.

Portables
PS2p
It's very cool. My idea isn't really to make joycons, it's the same thing you've done, to have that style of controls.
I would like to know about how you have it all built.
I've been looking for ps2 encoders to make my custom controller.
I don't know if there's a way to talk on discord or something someday.
In summary I used wireless controller and soldered connectors for all buttons as sticks, and it worked for me. We can talk, but later, ok?

Another question, im trying to find a screen like yours. I see Raspberry Screens for small sizes, but, what screen do you use?

Portables
PS2p
Another question, im trying to find a screen like yours. I see Raspberry Screens for small sizes, but, what screen do you use?
I used cheap 7 inch car monitor but prices for them really high and for other portable I bought 5 inch screen. This screen is TFT and looks bad when you look on it with certain angles but it’s mat finished and don’t reflect light. It’s good, but you need to pay more for quality IPS screen which can cost up to 50$

I will pay 45 for a 7 inch screen, maybe it looks good.
The first step that im gonna made is buy a cheap PS2 controller, open it, study pcb, maybe make cuts in the middle the pcb ( because i have experience doing this in others pcbs to adjust the controllers of a retro machine ) and make something like the image, with a shield made on my 3d printer. It will took me a time, but could make the game experience better in my opinion.
I dont care if i have to connect it using wires inside the machine.

This maybe only work with pcb where are not H controller models. ( H controller are made of paper plastic not hard pcb )

Attachments

Portables
PS2p
I will pay 45 for a 7 inch screen, maybe it looks good.
The first step that im gonna made is buy a cheap PS2 controller, open it, study pcb, maybe make cuts in the middle the pcb ( because i have experience doing this in others pcbs to adjust the controllers of a retro machine ) and make something like the image, with a shield made on my 3d printer. It will took me a time, but could make the game experience better in my opinion.
I dont care if i have to connect it using wires inside the machine.

This maybe only work with pcb where are not H controller models. ( H controller are made of paper plastic not hard pcb )
If you want to pay for quality then it’s your way, most cheap PS2 controller have everything on pcb but sometimes they are use similar pcb for front buttons like in original ones. I prefer controllers with hard pcb because you can cut it and most of them have test points to which you can solder instead of soldering bunch of small wires to connector

I've been asking around and looking around and maybe this PS3 compatible controller (which makes it work with PS2 using the OPENLOADER PS2 bluetooth driver) will make it more compact.

I have to ask you again, because I am not capable of calculating.

Specifically, you use 18650 batteries. 3.7V each, right?

But, what I am not able to understand, is how many mah each battery to be able to make the portable work correctly. If you solve this doubt for me, I would appreciate it.

Attachments

Portables
PS2p
I've been asking around and looking around and maybe this PS3 compatible controller (which makes it work with PS2 using the OPENLOADER PS2 bluetooth driver) will make it more compact.

I have to ask you again, because I am not capable of calculating.

Specifically, you use 18650 batteries. 3.7V each, right?

But, what I am not able to understand, is how many mah each battery to be able to make the portable work correctly. If you solve this doubt for me, I would appreciate it.
Hi, I never connected PS3 or PS4 controllers to PS2, so I can’t help yo there. For the batteries, I used two 3400 mAh Panasonic cells and two cells 800mAh each. I wanted to use more of them, but I don’t have space to put more. They connected in L shape scene: 3400 and 800 batteries connected to each other in parallel, and two of those connected together in series, which gives me 7.4V 4200 mAh and around 2 hours and 20 minutes of gameplay, it can work for longer, but BMS which I now use won’t let me use all of the juice inside batteries, discharging them to 30-40%, because of that I can play for only 2 hours, it must be more, but I can’t test it now

The voltage rail, which supplies voltage to components, is visible on the motherboard. The disk drive and fan operate on the main power supply voltage, which in your case is 8.5 volts. If you connect the fan directly to 8.5 volts, it will begin to spin at its highest RPM. If you choose not to move the fan and heatsink, leave it as is. If you need to, simply extend the wires and solder them to the fan connector.