Question Battery help

Ok so first time trying to solder the batteries onto the board without a battery holder
I had this simple 5v charging port to power the Wii
image.jpg

But then I decided to try and use the batteries since I got my red charging board but I'm having trouble since I soldered the batteries but I'm not getting any power to the Wii now
image.jpg
image.jpg

No lights turn on the red board or anything

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Ok so first time trying to solder the batteries onto the board without a battery holder
I had this simple 5v charging port to power the Wii
View attachment 8105
But then I decided to try and use the batteries since I got my red charging board but I'm having trouble since I soldered the batteries but I'm not getting any power to the Wii now
View attachment 8106 View attachment 8107
No lights turn on the red board or anything
You have to connect a charging current to the red board once the cells are connected to disable the internal safety. Any time you disconnect the cells you'll have to connect a charging current again.

So basically connect the charger to the board
Ok then
I have the small charging port that every uses
Is the smaller leg positive or negative?

ToddyHD

So basically connect the charger to the board
Ok then
I have the small charging port that every uses
Is the smaller leg positive or negative?
Small charging port that everyone uses? If it's a standard 3.5mm DC charging jack, the big pin closest to the connector is generally ground. Use a multimeter to verify the pinout just to be sure, though.

cheese

the tallest memer in town
Staff member
"Big pin closest to the connector" :rothink:

Just measure with a meter, as some chargers are center-positive and some are center-negative. They are generally labeled though, with one of these two symbols: