Question Batteries

Portables
image.jpg
Just got these from a laptop battery. Will they work in a 2s 2p configuration? I think the output current is too low.

I’ve seen the battery guide, but I just want to make sure for safety.

Model: LGABD11865

mAh: 3000

3.75 nominal voltage

4.35v maximum charging
1450mA standard charging
2900mA maximum charging

3v discharge cutoff
580mA standard discharge
5800mA maximum discharge
——————————————————
Questions:
•3 batteries have voltages of below 2v, should I discard of them?

•Can I charge 2 of them in parallel with a 1s charger?

•Should they all be the same voltage before I connect them together?

•Will the red charging board work with charging these?

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Get rid of them all, buy new ones. The ones below 2v are dead forever, the rest are probably haggard and not reliable. You can charge two in parallel with a 1S circuit, but it's not safe. Charge them individually, or use a red board. The red board works with all 18650 cells and li-po cells.

cheese

the tallest memer in town
Staff member
I've done something similar, but not for a portable. It's good to recycle, but remember that they are fairly degraded by this point and won't last long.
•3 batteries have voltages of below 2v, should I discard of them?
Any below 2v won't have a usable capacity, or probably have crystals inside, making them a safety hazard. Make sure to bring them to a facility that takes lithium batteries.
Can I charge 2 of them in parallel with a 1s charger?

•Should they all be the same voltage before I connect them together?
Yes you can put two in parallel, but you need to test their reduced capacity to ensure they are still within a few mAh of each other. If not, they will get hot and most likely catch fire, which is why everyone suggests new ones (I do as well, but if you still decide to go this route, be extremely careful and don't assume anything, lipos are very dangerous without proper safety)