Attaching a digitizer

Hey hey all!!

Here's a question: Does anyone know where one might get a thin sheet of double sided tape (probably 0.5 to 1mm) cut to a particular shape? I need to attach a glass touchscreen digitizer to an LCD you see

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
I dunno about suitable double sided tape, but I use LOCA for stuff like this. It's a super clear UV curing glue designed for glass LCD/LED displays. Only downside is you gotta do the gluing and de-bubbling in as close to darkness as you can see in, and once it cures, it's stuck forever. No do-overs

Portables
1 (Aran)
I dunno about suitable double sided tape, but I use LOCA for stuff like this. It's a super clear UV curing glue designed for glass LCD/LED displays. Only downside is you gotta do the gluing and de-bubbling in as close to darkness as you can see in, and once it cures, it's stuck forever. No do-overs
you could probably be able to do it under red light, such as a darkened room with a red head torch or a red light bulb.

Thanks for the advice!! I even know a photographer with a dark room, so it should be relatively easy to do, will even save me a few fractions of a millimeter lol

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Just make sure that once you get the alignment right, it doesn't shift as you take it to whatever source of UV light you're using. Stuff loves to shift around