Question At games Sega genesis

Portables
0 I'm a total noob
I'm a noob at handhelds. This is my first project. I bought a Sega Genesis classic by atgames, and I want to convert it, but I cannot find schematics for the PCB anywhere. I chose this one because its smaller than the original Genesis. if you could please help create a schematic I would really appreciate it.
IMG_20181103_175746.jpg
IMG_20181103_175636.jpg

Last edited:
Portables
Wii Laptop V2.0, GameCube SPITE
10/10 Pictures

Only one person has done a portable of the AtGames Sega that I could find, but I don't know if the project was ever finished. The work log didn't make it very far, and the user doesn't seem to be active anymore (link to thread: https://bitbuilt.net/forums/index.php?threads/the-sega-genekris.1519/#post-19426)

Not sure if you are going to have much luck here with a schematic for the board. You'll probably have to just spend a lot of time getting to know the board. Get out your multi-meter and start checking continuity and voltages and figure out what's what.

Portables
0 I'm a total noob
Thanks, the system has some issues. Involving sound, and from what I understand some cartridges don't work on it. I haven't tested that theory yet though.

fibbef

Wizardry V Completer
I have one of those and can confirm the audio/compatibility issues. Its one saving grace is the built in games, so if you wanted you could make a cartridge-free portable. But you're right that the board is very small so it would be a good project for a first portable.

Edit: didn't realize I had commented in the thread that Cradiak linked as well.

I'm a noob at handhelds. This is my first project. I bought a Sega Genesis classic by atgames, and I want to convert it, but I cannot find schematics for the PCB anywhere. I chose this one because its smaller than the original Genesis. if you could please help create a schematic I would really appreciate it.View attachment 7575 View attachment 7576
any update on how this s going?
kinda look like it can possible run off 5v also some reason.