Worklog Ashida Worklog (First WII Portable)

Portables
Building One
My 4Layer Tech boards have arrived so I thought i should make a worklog so i can document my build in the near future when i get my others parts. I shall now wait.....

Portables
Building One
image.jpg

I have soldered the UAMP to the Ashida pcb, but I have one question. Does it matter if IR and IL solder joints are connected?

Portables
Building One
Looks okay to me but I would recommend to check if anything is shorted. S and DL may be touching from what I can see
I double checked them and they are fine and aren’t touching :)

EDIT:

This may be a silly question, but do i have to desolder these connectors from the driver board?
0B2ED092-79AB-47F9-874C-7CB112CF4E6D.jpeg

Attachments

Last edited:
Portables
Building One
Got a new 128 to usb along with 28 and 38 awg wire and also a wire stripper (obviously for the 28 awg wire). I’m going to start testing everything and wiring up the wii.

Attachments

Portables
Building One
I trimmed my Wii and got my resistances, however when looking at the 1v resistance, it seems to be very low. I think this is due to applying too much heat when soldering my rvl ntc. Even though the resistance is very low, should the ntc still be able to run?

Attachments

Portables
Building One
Update: I let the solder on the 1v lines flow for a bit longer and checked the resistances again. Luckily the resistance went from 8 oms on Wednesday to 40 oms today. I got lucky there hopefully my board is fine for now Also my dad bought me some joystick boxes and the 21700 batteries and my digiky and mouser orders came so i populated my Ashida boards.

Picture below ⬇

image.jpg

image.jpg

Portables
Building One
Alot has happened since last post. I got my case and soldered the pms lite and the pms pd. I wired up the battery contacts and then soldered them to b+ and b-. I soldered in the fan as well and it was working fine. The next day i was showing my little sister, but instead of it turning on the 2R2 component on the PMS-LITE started smoking and one of the capacitors popped. If i removed the popped capacitor should the pms be able to supply power to the components now?

CrazyGadget

Crazy Helpful, CrazyGadget
Portables
???
Magic smoke is never a good sign. Disconnect the batteries immediately, take picture of the board, and post them here.