Dozzi

I have a question as I am currently planning everything out as a beginner to build the Ashida Wii Portable. I am wondering where to get the shell 3d printed for good quality and extra tools I may need besides the essentials. I have a $750 budget for everything (I'm willing to spend some more on this if needed but I don't think it will be much more as GmanModz is commissioning these for $950 at cheapest and they take hours of time so that should be enough.) I am wondering where to get the best stuff for as cheap as possible without sacrificing quality and if something makes it easier, I am willing to spend more. If you have any recommendations or tips, I'd love to hear them as I am only getting started and am looking through everything, expanding my notes, and learning all about electronics.

CrazyGadget

Crazy Helpful, CrazyGadget
Portables
???
JLCPCB or PCBWay are your best bets for a nice resin or nylon case, with JLC being the cheaper of the two (with less options). If you already have all the tools you need, you just need to buy everything from the Ashida BOM found in the documentation for the Ashida PCBs at 4layertech.com. It shouldn't really cost you more than $350-$400.

If you don't already have the tools / wires / etc., I made a post in another thread with a list of good things to have.

i hope some of this helps!

Dozzi

Do you by chance know how much a 3d printing of the shell will cost?

CrazyGadget

Crazy Helpful, CrazyGadget
Portables
???
That all depends on what you want. If you want the basic front and back (none of the buttons or support brackets) from JLCPCB in white 9000 resin, it's $22 for the front and back halves of the shell (before shipping). If you want something like a nylon print, or some sort of transparent / translucent / dyed / painted / whatever from PCBWay, you could be sepnding over a hundred on each half of the case. It's all up to you. Download the optimized Ashida STLs from the Ashida thread, then upload the PCBWay compatible files to JLCPCB / PCBWay and configure what you want to get an estimate.