Ashida Wii Portable

So I've been testing out my Ashida and I've noticed that I'm getting drift on my main thumb stick after around 20 minutes of gameplay. The direction of the drift seems to vary, but it's usually to the left. I've tried the Sticks Wizard in the RV Loader settings but the drift keeps coming back. There's never an issue immediately after a reboot, but eventually the problem pops up again. Any suggestions? Not sure if there's something internal I should check out redo? Or maybe a config setting? Thanks!

So I've been testing out my Ashida and I've noticed that I'm getting drift on my main thumb stick after around 20 minutes of gameplay. The direction of the drift seems to vary, but it's usually to the left. I've tried the Sticks Wizard in the RV Loader settings but the drift keeps coming back. There's never an issue immediately after a reboot, but eventually the problem pops up again. Any suggestions? Not sure if there's something internal I should check out redo? Or maybe a config setting? Thanks!
So I noticed that I can get the stick drift to stop if I open the case and separate the two halves. So it has to be an issue with my build. I'm guessing that something inside is shorting SX and/or SY to ground somewhere along those circuits. I'm going to try to cover any contacts with kapton tape to see if that helps. Anyone have any other ideas about the cause or possible fix?

So I noticed that I can get the stick drift to stop if I open the case and separate the two halves. So it has to be an issue with my build. I'm guessing that something inside is shorting SX and/or SY to ground somewhere along those circuits. I'm going to try to cover any contacts with kapton tape to see if that helps. Anyone have any other ideas about the cause or possible fix?
pics would help especially of the two halves as you would assemble them so we can see what if anything is apparent from the outside

Well it took me about two months, but I think my Ashida build is finally done! Wesk, thank you so much for all of the work you did on this design! As a huge GC fan, having a real-hardware portable that has the same feel as a GC controller is amazing. It's something I never could've made on my own, so thank you for sharing all of your work!

And thank you to Stitches, Sully, and everyone else that took time to answer my questions! Your help allowed this build to come out as well as I could reasonably expect for my first attempt.

Thank you!

I've sourced everything except 2 parts from 4layertech. I've been routinely checking the last couple of months and been told twice in 2 weeks. It is a little frustrating that they have everything else but can't get a better response than in two weeks but months have passed. I wish their were other alternatives. Otherwise will have to patiently wait.

i might not have seen anyone mention it but can an ashida be built with an hdmi or capture card for streaming, whether that be just to a tv or for streaming on twitch?

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
i might not have seen anyone mention it but can an ashida be built with an hdmi or capture card for streaming, whether that be just to a tv or for streaming on twitch?
You'd have to source an HDMI output solution and modify the case to allow mounting an HDMI out port, but yeah it could be done

sorry what do you mean by “source an HDMI output solution” does that have to do with software or hardware?

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Source = find/locate. You'll need to find a store bought or DIY hardware solution for getting HDMI out of a Wii. The Wii doesn't have native HDMI output, so you'll need some form of video converter like a Wii2HDMI or a GCVideo clone

Source = find/locate. You'll need to find a store bought or DIY hardware solution for getting HDMI out of a Wii. The Wii doesn't have native HDMI output, so you'll need some form of video converter like a Wii2HDMI or a GCVideo clone
okay got it thank you

Could someone recommend me the best USB-C charger/AC adapter for the Ashida? I am using the Switch AC adapter and it will charging my system. But when playing games, it still losing power. I was wondering if there is a charger out there what will let me Charge the system and play at the same time?

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Could someone recommend me the best USB-C charger/AC adapter for the Ashida? I am using the Switch AC adapter and it will charging my system. But when playing games, it still losing power. I was wondering if there is a charger out there what will let me Charge the system and play at the same time?
I believe the Anker Nano 60w USB-C supply was the recommended one, but any reliable 60w+ USB-C power supply will do. Just don't buy one off aliexpress, pay the fee for a proper one that won't catch fire and kill the Ashida

does anyone have permissions to sell an ashida bc i’ve seen one for sale and i was a bit confused.

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
does anyone have permissions to sell an ashida bc i’ve seen one for sale and i was a bit confused.
Anyone can sell completed Ashida builds, yes. You can sell G-Boys, G-Wiis, and Louiis as well. The builds are open source. I would exercise caution if/when buying a completed build online though. If the seller isn't a member here, there's likely no quality assurance or way to confirm their workmanship history before the unit arrives. IF it arrives