Ashida Wii Portable

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Throwing a link in there may be useful as well in case there's a revision or a new diagram gets made/etc.
You should be able to access the OSD by soldering a wire to a ground location and poking the + - menu source pins with it to form a rudimentary button

iabhua

There was some discussion about printing on an Ender 3. I was able to get it to print, although it was at a weird angle and there's some (slightly) rough parts where the supports connected. Overall its perfectly acceptable and I think it came out great.

Print info in case someone is interested:
-Printed on an Ender V2 (it barely fits, but will indeed work)
- Standard PLA filament
- Slicer software was Ultimaker Cura 4.13.1
- Using default setting for my printer model (setup using Cura's wizard) with two exceptions:
- Print Temp 205C (slightly higher than default)
- Print Speed slightly slower than default, I believe its a little slower than 40mm/s
-Printed on best quality (0.12mm)

If someone would like the Gcode I am happy to share.View attachment 21661View attachment 21662View attachment 21663View attachment 21664View attachment 21666
Bought myself a Ender 3... a bit late to the party ... I KNOW. Any chance you could share the gcode with me also?

Is the GC+ MP line connected to anything on the Ashida board? I would like to wire up a Switch rumble motor and it looks like I just need to connect it to M+/-, jumper LRA, and MP to 3.3v?

Wesk

Undervolting....
Staff member
Is the GC+ MP line connected to anything on the Ashida board? I would like to wire up a Switch rumble motor and it looks like I just need to connect it to M+/-, jumper LRA, and MP to 3.3v?
The rumble lines are not connected to anything on the Ashida boards. I believe all you need to do is bridge the 3.3v pad with the MP pad and wire your rumble device to M+ and M-.

I'll send you a gdrive link whn I'm of work

Heres how it turned out om my ender 3View attachment 19124View attachment 19125
Hello I know I’m super late but would you be able to send me the g code too?

There was some discussion about printing on an Ender 3. I was able to get it to print, although it was at a weird angle and there's some (slightly) rough parts where the supports connected. Overall its perfectly acceptable and I think it came out great.

Print info in case someone is interested:
-Printed on an Ender V2 (it barely fits, but will indeed work)
- Standard PLA filament
- Slicer software was Ultimaker Cura 4.13.1
- Using default setting for my printer model (setup using Cura's wizard) with two exceptions:
- Print Temp 205C (slightly higher than default)
- Print Speed slightly slower than default, I believe its a little slower than 40mm/s
-Printed on best quality (0.12mm)

If someone would like the Gcode I am happy to share.View attachment 21661View attachment 21662View attachment 21663View attachment 21664View attachment 21666
Hello, would you be able to send the G Code with me ?

Bought myself a Ender 3... a bit late to the party ... I KNOW. Any chance you could share the gcode with me also?
Hello I know I’m super late but would you be able to send me the g code too?

Hello, would you be able to send the G Code with me ?
Hi sorry I deleted the file by accident, I wrote to some people that I sent the file to before and hope they have it - I'll get in touch with you guys if I get hold of it again

Wesk

Undervolting....
Staff member
Is it possible to add HDMI Out to the Ashida and re-add the sensor bar port?
The stock sensor bar requires 12v which the Ashida doesn't have. You'd need to make a custom LED bar that runs off 5v.

There is room for a HDMI port above the LCD on the front of the case.

The stock sensor bar requires 12v which the Ashida doesn't have. You'd need to make a custom LED bar that runs off 5v.

There is room for a HDMI port above the LCD on the front of the case.

How would I do that I don't have a lot of knowledge of this stuff so any help would be really appreciated.

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
How would I do that I don't have a lot of knowledge of this stuff so any help would be really appreciated.
Look up any basic LED tutorial and apply the principle to 910-915nm diffused Infrared LEDs. You'll have to devise the mounting method yourself

Tak00

I was planning on getting the case done by PCBWay but I need the files, only the case, where can I get the files and for some reason, it needs to be ".rar"

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
I was planning on getting the case done by PCBWay but I need the files, only the case, where can I get the files and for some reason, it needs to be ".rar"
In the first post there are links to download the case files