Ashida Wii Portable

iabhua

A bit of a noob question... What is the best place to have the case printed... is it built in mm or inches?

Usually Mm. Pcbway has nice prints for utr clear and transparent resins. They will also paint for you. A bit pricy but really hard. Jlcpcb has nice white resin and SLS nylon and is alot cheaper.
Or someone you know can print for you… they will need the 3D model files that are posted on ashida cutting edge page.

iabhua

Usually Mm. Pcbway has nice prints for utr clear and transparent resins. They will also paint for you. A bit pricy but really hard. Jlcpcb has nice white resin and SLS nylon and is alot cheaper.
Or someone you know can print for you… they will need the 3D model files that are posted on ashida cutting edge page.
Thanks

Could anyone maybe help. I want to buy all the needed hardware from 4layertech but obviously they do not have the screens only the driver board. What type of screen (a specific model would help), would I need to buy separately and where is the best place to look for a IPS one?

MJMT

Portables
Does anyone know if I shouldn't bother removing the U5 and the surrounding resistors if I'm using a RVL-PMS-2 since it can replace the U10 relocation function? I know there's a trace under it we usually sever as well during that process...

CrazyGadget

Crazy Helpful, CrazyGadget
Portables
???
Does anyone know if I shouldn't bother removing the U5 and the surrounding resistors if I'm using a RVL-PMS-2 since it can replace the U10 relocation function? I know there's a trace under it we usually sever as well during that process...
You don't need to remove U5 / surrounding components if you're using the PMS2 / Lite U10 emulation. The trace sever is only done if you want to test your U10 relocation pre-trim, but is not necessary at all once the board is trimmed.

MJMT

Portables
PCBWay is telling me that the Right and Left Trigger mounts have a point where the thickness is only .5mm and they want to change it to .8mm. Does this sound right or did something get screwed up? I just set the design units to mm, Resin for the case and Nylon for everything else including the trigger mounts.
C-2D13W496735A.jpg

Wesk

Undervolting....
Staff member
PCBWay is telling me that the Right and Left Trigger mounts have a point where the thickness is only .5mm and they want to change it to .8mm. Does this sound right or did something get screwed up? I just set the design units to mm, Resin for the case and Nylon for everything else including the trigger mounts.View attachment 21932
It'll print fine, PCBWay are just over cautious with these things.

Wesk

Undervolting....
Staff member

MJMT

Portables
Let us know how that alternate display looks in action

Edit: The displays just went back in stock at 4Layer! (7:52PM 4/13/2022 EST)

Last edited:
I need help finding a 10-11inch screen for a cool wii portable. I haven’t found many so help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Hey I was struggling to find the screen component for this build I stumbled across these the driver board looks identical I'm just not sure if ips has anyone brought one from and had any luck all the tech drawings look the right one

Wesk

Undervolting....
Staff member
Hey I was struggling to find the screen component for this build I stumbled across these the driver board looks identical I'm just not sure if ips has anyone brought one from and had any luck all the tech drawings look the right one

The screens are currently in stock at 4layertech.com