Worklog Ashida starting out

Portables
Hey all,

I've recently gotten my hands on an old Wii (it was thrown down the stairs and donated, pretty sure it still works), and I want to start on doing a G-Boy Ashdia project, I'm just having trouble finding a good starting point/most up to date guide, especially for my predicament already (yay).

So I got the board, revision 40, but being the dumbass that I am, I didn't read ahead to see I needed to load up a software to make Wifi and Bluetooth not be a pain in my ass, I maybe able to still softload RV Loader on it, it will just be bare board open, and no idea how many parts I'm gonna need to reattach, any tips or suggestions would be great, till then, here to my first post! Can't wait to see how bad I'll screw up (my first ever build was a Adafruit PiGRRL, so I'm a bit experienced, but just a bit.)
20230130_213922.jpg

20230130_213928.jpg

Last edited:
Portables
I have just been shown the Ashida, I now know what I must do, but I dont know if I have the strength to do it....*Looks at Australia Shipping prices*

Portables
Check out gingerofoz on YouTube. He had like a 7 hour stream where he builds an Ashida

I don’t know ab your other problem I’m pretty new myself

Portables
2 Working trimms, 0 Portables
Haha, I did the same first time I trimmed a wii, disasemby first, then i read, and said "Oh crap, now i have to build it again".
The wii, if its untrimmed, it only needs bluetooth and Wi-Fi to boot, so, just don't take them off and you can see if it boots.
While you install all the software needed, place at least the original fan, so it doesnt overheat. The wii has overheat protection, but just in case.
You can follow this guide to trimm the board, it helped me so much.

Zini

Portables
some day
*Looks at Australia Shipping prices*
Exactly why I'm having my Ashida case printed locally. Canadian shipping prices are insane. Good luck with the build my commonwealth brother.