Question As a beginner, I would like to create my own Wii portable.... Help!!

Portables
0 for now
Good Hello,

As indicated in the title, I would love to create my own Wii portable. But, Even if I have already learned a lot about electronics, people who make their own consoles as well as how to trim a Wii, etc ... I'm still a beginner!
So if anybody have informations for me (like If there is a tutorial planned for this, or if you simply have some tips to teach me), It would be very nice of you !!

For more information on how I plan to do this:

- I think I have quite a few tools at my disposal (I would do this with a friend)
- Basically what I would like to do is a console like on this youtube channel (which has also led me on this site) : https://www.youtube.com/user/GmanModz/videos
- I will surely print the shell of my console using a 3D printer, but it will probably be difficult to do it myself in 3D!

For the rest, I do not really know how to do it ... that's why I need your help !!
If you need any other precisions, I'm here! ;)

PS: Sorry for my bad English, I'm French... :p

GingerOfOz

no wario
Staff member
2020 2nd Place Winner
2022 3rd Place Winner
Portables
just so many i am so cool
Read through everything here. Study it a lot. This will get you through the Wii specific stuff.

Portables
0 for now
Yeah, I already saw, and I was particularly interested in the Wii trimming guide! I did not understand everything, but I already learned a lot!:)
But I am mainly posing the question on how to do after trim the Wii : Match the buttons to the motherboard, connect the screen, connect everything, make everything fit in the box, etc ...

I'll go back on the guide to better study it, waiting for an answer from you! Thanks again!! : D