Question Are this components needed?

On the motherboard of the Wii there are some components, of which I don't know the function, and I was thinking if they are essential for the functioning of the Wii or if they can be removed
40211173-88A6-4F60-9A6D-27663EA53ED4.jpeg

Viilmo

Portables
If you look into the definitive Wii trimming guide, you can see that some of these components have 5V
av_encoder.png

I would keep them just to be sure. You could test if the wii works after removing or look into the compendium where they're connected to.

Edit: My guess would be that they are for for USB since they are pretty close to it. CMIIW

Last edited:
If you look into the definitive Wii trimming guide, you can see that some of these components have 5VView attachment 21739
I would keep them just to be sure. You could test if they work or look into the compendium where they're connected to.

Edit: My guess would be that they are for for USB since they are pretty close to it. CMIIW
I'm not sure I need them. Looking at the usb relocation guide i see that the usb uses 5v lines. I am going to use a PMS-PD 2 and it needs to be commected to the 3,3v line. So those components should be useless

what’s the reasoning of removing them ?
Because I’m recreating the wii circuit board, and I have to understand if they are needed so I can add footrprints on the PCB. Otherwise I’m removing them because they would be useless

Portables
I just realized the name from your other post. Maybe someone with more experience could help