Solved Are these good BMS and Batteries to use for my Wii portable???

So I'm figuring out the remaining stuff I need for my portable so I can budget myself.

Now somethings to add to my list are the batteries to power the Wii and a BMS along with them.

Would I need 4 of these? https://www.ebay.com/itm/Panasonic-...hash=item2cfc8f5724:m:mV5e-GUCptXjSRVmGeShjtQ would you recommend a flat or button top?

Is this a good BMS to use? https://www.ebay.com/itm/Intelligent...2S-Packs-18650-lithium-Satellite/311721987212 or would I need a 4s one because I have 4 batteries? And I believe I just need one BMS correct?

If I do need a 4s BMS, is this a good one? https://www.ebay.com/itm/2S-3S-4S-6...a=0&pg=2047675&_trksid=p2047675.c100012.m1985

Timo43

I’m not gonna say what is and isn’t a good bms because I don’t know but you should, if you are using the panasonic batteries, only need a 2s. (series and parallel is something you might want to read up on)
Also, just want to make sure, you plan on making your own regulators? Yes? If not then Gman’s pms might be something to look into. It comes with regulators and a bms. Hope this helps some!

Edit: iirc flat top is what you want unless you are using a battery holder.

I’m not gonna say what is and isn’t a good bms because I don’t know but you should, if you are using the panasonic batteries, only need a 2s. (series and parallel is something you might want to read up on)
Also, just want to make sure, you plan on making your own regulators? Yes? If not then Gman’s pms might be something to look into. It comes with regulators and a bms. Hope this helps some!

Edit: iirc flat top is what you want unless you are using a battery holder.
Okay thanks I understand, the red 2s BMS is what I found in the battery guide thread which was recommended so I guess I'll stick with that.
Also, can 4 batteries hook up to a 2s bms? or is it only 2 that can?

jefflongo

Broke BitBuilt
Staff member
Portables
Okay thanks I understand, the red 2s BMS is what I found in the battery guide thread which was recommended so I guess I'll stick with that.
Also, can 4 batteries hook up to a 2s bms? or is it only 2 that can?
A 2s BMS only supports 2 batteries in series. However, you can attach as many 2s pairs as you want in parallel. So yes, you could use a 2s2p configuration.

Do you think it would be better to get Gman's PMS instead of the PowerMii Lite? And Gman's PMS is $65 on the bitbuilt store do you think it would be cheaper than to build my own regulators?

jefflongo

Broke BitBuilt
Staff member
Portables
Do you think it would be better to get Gman's PMS instead of the PowerMii Lite? And Gman's PMS is $65 on the bitbuilt store do you think it would be cheaper than to build my own regulators?
You maybe save around 10 dollars by building your own regulars and buying your own BMS board compared to buying a Wii PMS, however, the Wii PMS saves a ton of space, is easier to use, and has more features so for those reasons I highly recommend it.

You maybe save around 10 dollars by building your own regulars and buying your own BMS board compared to buying a Wii PMS, however, the Wii PMS saves a ton of space, is easier to use, and has more features so for those reasons I highly recommend it.
Alright I'm sold haha. Yeah I read more into it and I think it's worth it. Thanks again.

Last edited: