Are G-Boys any good for Painting?

I am completely new to this sort of stuff so sorry if this is a stupid question but later on in the year once I have acquired a bit of practice and have the money for it I am planning on buying a G-Boy kit. I was wondering if the 3d printed shell was any good for painting. I am planning on doing a multicoloured design which I am going to call the Walui-G-Boy with a purple and blue design and just wanted to know if it would even work before I planned on it.

YES! When I make a g-boy, I am planning on putting on the back the creator, owner, with thanks to shank and gman. alongside painting where game boy should go, g-boy rev iii

Yes, you can paint 3d prints like the G-Boy shell. To get a smooth and clean finish you'll want to use Bondo spot puddy or something similar to smooth out the surface. Sand, clean up, prime, and apply more spot puddy as needed. Sand, clean up prime. Keep going until you have the surface you like. At that point make sure everything fits together well still, and go ahead and paint. Also apply a clear coat to seal your paint job.