Question application for wii power off

Hello, download an application for wii called power off for my rvloader, when I activate it, the wii turns off and then I disconnect the power, is it okay to do so? Or can I crash the application and the console cut off?

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
You can just turn the system off using the power button. As long as you aren't actively saving a game at that moment, no damage will be done.

You can just turn the system off using the power button. As long as you aren't actively saving a game at that moment, no damage will be done.
Peridon the translation is very bad, my wii is cut and the rvloader is installed I do not have a shutdown button. The question is if I use the power off application, the wii turns off and then I cut the power. My question is if I use that application to turn off the cut Wii I can crash the program because it is made to turn off the console directly by cutting the power that is my doubt

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Peridon the translation is very bad, my wii is cut and the rvloader is installed I do not have a shutdown button. The question is if I use the power off application, the wii turns off and then I cut the power. My question is if I use that application to turn off the cut Wii I can crash the program because it is made to turn off the console directly by cutting the power that is my doubt
You don't need a program to shut the Wii down, cutting off the power is fine

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Of course, but if I turn it off with the application and then it turns off, I disconnect the wii?
Yes, you must still disconnect power or it will continue to drain your batteries.

Yes, you must still disconnect power or it will continue to drain your batteries.
ok thanks for answering, last question turn off the wii with that program then disconnect the power will the rvloader fail? because the console is turned off and I may have the problem that when using the program to turn it off the wii no longer turn on? or turn on and not come out image?

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
ok thanks for answering, last question turn off the wii with that program then disconnect the power will the rvloader fail? because the console is turned off and I may have the problem that when using the program to turn it off the wii no longer turn on? or turn on and not come out image?
I'm not sure how to read this, I'm asuming you're asking whether RVLoader will break if you use this program. The answer is no it will not break. it doesn't matter how you turn the system off, RVLoader won't be affected either way.

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
Trimmed Wiis can't be really turned off by homebrews or other softwares in general because you're using custom regulators instead of stock ones. The only thing that a power off sequence would do is put the main CPU in a reset state and reduce the clock speed. It will reduce the power draw a bit, but not significantly

Trimmed Wiis can't be really turned off by homebrews or other softwares in general because you're using custom regulators instead of stock ones. The only thing that a power off sequence would do is put the main CPU in a reset state and reduce the clock speed. It will reduce the power draw a bit, but not significantly
Thank you very much for answering, my fear is that the cut wii will fail or stay in the restart state and will not turn on and affect rvloader, but from what they tell me it does not affect it then I will use the power off application and then disconnect the current and no problems thanks