Question Any quick fixes for Gamecube controller ports don't work anymore?

A broad question I know. But near as I can tell, everything works like it should. 5v, 3.3v, and other 3.3v for the data, and the grounds. They are all what the should be with no shorts, but the pre-trimmed Wii does not recognize any controllers. My custom GC+ thing, or standard. Tested both on other Wii's and even a Gamecube they work fine.

jefflongo

Broke BitBuilt
Staff member
Portables
A broad question I know. But near as I can tell, everything works like it should. 5v, 3.3v, and other 3.3v for the data, and the grounds. They are all what the should be with no shorts, but the pre-trimmed Wii does not recognize any controllers. My custom GC+ thing, or standard. Tested both on other Wii's and even a Gamecube they work fine.
You can try to open the controller up and test if the data and voltage lines on the controller are continuous with the lines on the wii when it's plugged in, probably a bad contact somewhere.

Shank

Staff member
Portables
Strange. Do you have a sillyscope to sniff whats going on? If its all 4, my first guess would be to check the 3.3v pullup resistor array for the back of the Wii mobo.

Did you relocate U10? U10 shenanigans can mess with many things, including the 3.3v regulator. I hope its not something inside the GPU itself.