Worklog Another Copy Cat "Louii" Build

Hey, is PortabilizeMii completely obsolete? Since I stopped on the project, a new launcher titled "BBLoader" has been released by Aurelio. It looks it has a lot of great new features, such as having GC2WiiMote pre-installed. Is there any way to still get PortabilizeMii though? I was hoping to get N64 VC games that I had on the portable, but it looks like BBLoader currently isn't supporting VC.

Also I forgot to mention this, but if VC Games are currently still unsupported I would still opt for PortabilizeMii, as N64 Emulation is universally one of the most sketchy and inconsistent forms of emulation.

Hey guys, once again another update. So last week I got BBLoader set up along with a bunch of isos (the idea of playing melee on the go already has me super excited); plus I got covers for the games and I got mGBA for playing GBA games. I just bought 1000 grit sandpaper, and as soon as I get a cutting disc for my dremel I'm going to start the trim. A little stuck on if I want to do bluetooth, as my friend wants to play Wii Sports at school on lunch break when I'm finished, yet trimming the motherboard seems like the most daunting part of the project, so I feel like I should keep it to trim and u10 for the first build. Also, I've got all my tools, but I have no idea when it comes to wire. I know you need 38 gauge magnet wire, and shielded wire (28 gauge?) but I don't know the different uses and what the different colours mean. Additionally, I'm not up to speed on circuitry and pinouts, like just the gist of what goes where. Is there a guide someone can refer me to? Any help is appreciated, but if there is a hidden guide I don't want anyone to take up their time writing a response. Good night everyone!

Hello everyone, I just finished fully disassembling my Wii. Is it worth selling the other parts? Likely going to start trim tomorrow!

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Hello everyone, I just finished fully disassembling my Wii. Is it worth selling the other parts? Likely going to start trim tomorrow!
I dunno about selling, but I'd keep things like the spare U9 and any electrolytic caps you aren't going to use in this project, they're nice to have. the wifi and BT modules are also good to keep, you never know when you might break or lose one in another project. The disk drive, fan and case are kinda worthless tho.

So new update, I just read the G-Boy guide on trimming the Wii (haven't done it yet). it says to sand with 180, 200, 300, 400, 600, 800 and 1000 grit sandpaper? I wasn't aware of this, I thought I could just get away with using 1000. Can I? If I need all these other ones lmk. Also I would like to know why. Have a good night everyone

Portables
1 (Aran)
i mean you can, but sanding straight from high grit will, not be as clean a sanding and take 100x longer, always best to start with low grit, which will remove the larger chunks and get things going, then as you move up the grits it will start to smooth things out better.

i mean you can, but sanding straight from high grit will, not be as clean a sanding and take 100x longer, always best to start with low grit, which will remove the larger chunks and get things going, then as you move up the grits it will start to smooth things out better.
Alright thanks, its just that everytime I have to spend more money my soul dies a little, you know?

Portables
1 (Aran)
Alright thanks, its just that everytime I have to spend more money my soul dies a little, you know?
oh i know, i just spend $80aud on parts for my portable, plus side is ill have 5 uamps, but yeah portiblizing isn't cheap

but a pack of various grit sandpaper shouldn't cost too much, not sure where you live but in Aus its like $4 (roughly $1.80us) for a pack of 5 grits

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
I just buy single sheets of the waterproof yellow back sandpaper from Bunnings as I need them, costs fuckall.

Hey everyone. I just took off the 3 inductors/capacitors necessary off the motherboard, and did my outline. Quick question before I start the trim, on Spawn Wave's Wii Portable video (2nd part) the top comment explains a mask should be worn at the risk of inhaling the dust created from cutting the board. Wouldn't the dust sort of linger after I do the cut? I have other family in my house, is it safer to do the trim in the garage or outside? Just wondering, have a good day or night depending on your time zone!