Worklog Andrew’s G-Wii Worklog

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
0v means probably dead then. If you saw magic smoke, something definitely died.

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Damn. Guess I just gotta wait until one of the pms is in stock.
Sadly. Btw next time you're wiring it up: I recommend using middleman wires on the B+ and B- lines, which are short wires presoldered to the PMS, and then you solder those wires to the wires coming from the batteries. Makes it easier to ensure nothing accidentally gets shorted, provided you immediately tape/heatshrink the exposed sections so they don't touch anything. Or use a little latching switch as a breaker on the B+ line, I do that in my builds for safety.

Sadly. Btw next time you're wiring it up: I recommend using middleman wires on the B+ and B- lines, which are short wires presoldered to the PMS, and then you solder those wires to the wires coming from the batteries. Makes it easier to ensure nothing accidentally gets shorted, provided you immediately tape/heatshrink the exposed sections so they don't touch anything. Or use a little latching switch as a breaker on the B+ line, I do that in my builds for safety.
That’s the main thing I was confused about. So next time, I can just use middleman wires and put kapton tape over where the middleman and battery wires are soldered together?

Yes just like this. You could also use a terminal block to connect them so its a little bit safer, but it's not really a big difference