Solved An error has occurred

jefflongo

Broke BitBuilt
Staff member
Portables
Hi so I'm working on my portable and so far I've only removed ports and soldered a memory card to slot A. After booting I get the red box saying "An error has occurred please turn off the Nintendo GameCube" or something along those lines after about < 10 seconds. Is this due to having the disk drive disconnected or is it something else?

JacksonS

Portables
Yes, that happens when a disc drive is not connected.

Yung

Hi so I'm working on my portable and so far I've only removed ports and soldered a memory card to slot A. After booting I get the red box saying "An error has occurred please turn off the Nintendo GameCube" or something along those lines after about < 10 seconds. Is this due to having the disk drive disconnected or is it something else?
That error will also pop up if the controller board is not connected. So make sure it's plugged in :)

cheese

the tallest memer in town
Staff member
That error will also pop up if the controller board is not connected. So make sure it's plugged in :)
What makes you say that? I've never had that happen, and there isn't anything on the controller board that is needed for a cube to work...