Worklog An attempt to recreate the PS2 PCB

I think it's a good idea, not sure on the difficulty to make the necessary changes to accommodate the Mod, this would bring very high quality picture to the already amazing project you're creating.

Amazing! Would love to see your process of transplanting the chips if you were willing to share.

After examining the PS2 boards, I decided to try to recreate the PCB as a way of learning, I'm still routing the PCB and trying to reduce its size, this is the PS2 79003 pcb, but I already have the ps2 90010 layout ready.

View attachment 21202
View attachment 21203

View attachment 21205
View attachment 21206
Firstly, I cannot believe the level of detail and attention this has, it's amazing to see!
Would you be releasing any of your workings at all?

I've taken upon myself the task of trying to do the same thing, but with the Microsoft original Xbox.

After so much time designing and reviewing the boards, the time has come to assemble the components on each one. In this first phase of the project, so that everything goes correctly, I made the decision to assemble the board with the original PS2 components, for the initial tests of this first prototype, not an easy task, however, with the certainty that everything is being done correctly. . I will update the work log periodically, if you want to know anything about any phase of the project, feel free to ask.

IMG_20240405_160239.jpg

IMG_20240405_160253.jpg

IMG_20240405_160929.jpg

Hello friend, it's good to know that you are also Brazilian, if you need any tips with BGA soldering just call, I worked with technical assistance in video games for almost 10 years, I did a lot of reballing, are you going to use a grill?

Those alternate footprints for the BIOS chip are very interesting. Are you attempting to use newer chips? sort of like those new Dreamcast BIOS mods?

Those alternate footprints for the BIOS chip are very interesting. Are you attempting to use newer chips? sort of like those new Dreamcast BIOS mods?
That's right, there is a great mind hidden in the shadows lol, who is working on incredible mods for the PS2, and one of these mods consists of a new BIOS with the OPL already integrated and some modifications that allow the removal of the Mechacon, DSP and chip network, as this board is a prototype that is used for experiments and use on a PS2 portable, I have already integrated everything into a PCB.

That's right, there is a great mind hidden in the shadows lol, who is working on incredible mods for the PS2, and one of these mods consists of a new BIOS with the OPL already integrated and some modifications that allow the removal of the Mechacon, DSP and chip network, as this board is a prototype that is used for experiments and use on a PS2 portable, I have already integrated everything into a PCB.
Okay yea... I've definitely been away too long... Who the heck is this @Tschicki, and what the heck does he do if this is how he does his hobbies!? I best look at some of those integrations myself! Looks like we may be on the verge of a renaissance in PS2 modding.

Okay yea... I've definitely been away too long... Who the heck is this @Tschicki, and what the heck does he do if this is how he does his hobbies!? I best look at some of those integrations myself! Looks like we may be on the verge of a renaissance in PS2 modding.
The person responsible for the BIOS mod is nicknamed "Epaminondas".