Question an assembly problem

Greetings people, i hope your good.
Today I searched to see if I could give me a hand with this that happened to me about a week ago...
my nephew had a PS2 Slim, he take it to repair and also mod it (I'm not sure that's how it's written), to play pirate games, and after 2 months, the guy responsible for working with the console gives us back with a little problem...

IMG_20200128_021908.jpg

IMG_20200128_021918.jpg
It was completely disarmed...
And to make matters worse, not has given us the reader of disk because it was "faulty"

This is why I am here to see how i can reassemble everything and if i could run the games on HDD or SDD;
it's the first time I've had a PS2 in my hands, and also the first time I see it in this state...
What could I do?

PD: just in case I also leave the front and back of my board

IMG_20200128_031715.jpg

IMG_20200128_031737.jpg

Portables
You should just ask for the disk reader imo even if it's faulty, it's not up to him to keep it for himself.

Anyways, yes you can use it by softmodding it, you dont even need the disk reader for that since you'll run games from a USB drive.

but look at the last picture,. the chip where some conductive wires are sticking out, im 90% sure that there's a short there, so dont try and turn the console on yet before inspecting all the chips, because you might burn it, if it hasn't already been burnt by this so called "modder".

you can look up the model of the ps2 and look for assembly videos, you'll learn a thing or two about reassembling it. from my experience, i think this from the SCPH-9000x series models, so search that up.

this is outrageous.

cheese

the tallest memer in town
Staff member
Once you get all the parts back, I would suggest using some kind of disassembly tutorial to see how it comes apart, and then just follow the steps in reverse so you can put everything back where it goes.

but look at the last picture,. the chip where some conductive wires are sticking out, im 90% sure that there's a short there, so dont try and turn the console on yet before inspecting all the chips, because you might burn it, if it hasn't already been burnt by this so called "modder".
This is true as well, the large black chip on the right should not have anything coming off of it.

Also kinda confused why the guy didn't just suggest a fmcb card, those don't require disassembly :rothink:

Hello! I give advances of the event...
First. luckily, he told me he's going to give me back the dvd reader, he said it's going to be here in a couple of days.
And the Second one. I asked him what those things were coming out of the chip, and he told me that he wanted to place the "matrix infinity 1.93" (I'm going to think it's the 'free mc boot' chip that Cheese was referring to ) since he had complications I left him and forgot to remove the remains of wires ;

He told me he gave it to me along with the console, but I'm not finding it... so I'm going to keep looking and soon I'll give more progress than I was going through.

thank you people for helping me, I'll stay active with this, and if something comes up I'll tell you

Portables
Hello! I give advances of the event...
First. luckily, he told me he's going to give me back the dvd reader, he said it's going to be here in a couple of days.
And the Second one. I asked him what those things were coming out of the chip, and he told me that he wanted to place the "matrix infinity 1.93" (I'm going to think it's the 'free mc boot' chip that Cheese was referring to ) since he had complications I left him and forgot to remove the remains of wires ;

He told me he gave it to me along with the console, but I'm not finding it... so I'm going to keep looking and soon I'll give more progress than I was going through.

thank you people for helping me, I'll stay active with this, and if something comes up I'll tell you
I guess that's kinda good(?), he didn't just forget the wires, he forgot to also clean those pads but we're past this point.

the matrix infinity is a mod chip that allows of a lot of things to be done on the ps2 like clone CD reading, etc.. let him send it to you if you didn't find it because I'm assuming you paid for it. You could probably install it, but i really just straight up dont recommend you doing that.

Also kinda confused why the guy didn't just suggest a fmcb card, those don't require disassembly :rothink:
the fmcb(free mcboot) cheese was talking about isn't the matrix infinity(even though it's a good modchip), he's referring to softmodding your ps2, no soldering required or disassembly, you get a hacked ps2 memory card and the magic happens, that's all you need. That's why i search for "not working" ps2 because most of them has a faulty CD reader and it's cheap, we just use free mcboot to boot games from USB or SMB(kinda a little bit advanced but way better).

there are a lot of tutorials for FMCB installations, so it's not hard.

If you have anymore questions, feel free to ask.