Question Alternative video output NUS-CPU-09

I am unable to find any detailed information on alternative contacts that out put video on my board revision.
NUS-CPU-09
2000 model

I have found information explaining that the video and audio nus chips have been combined into one MAVNUS chip. But I can't seem to find any information on what pin does what.
Anyone willing to share some knowledge? I would greatly appreciate it.

GingerOfOz

no wario
Staff member
2020 2nd Place Winner
2022 3rd Place Winner
Portables
just so many i am so cool
" If you do not have the same setup, follow the video pin from the back of the board with a multi meter to find which pin you can grab video from."

So turn it to resistance and start poking around?
And I was kinda wondering if anyone had already documented anything on it. If not I would be glad to do so

Matthew

Formally known as Chaos
Portables
You could do resistance but it may be easier to switch it to 'continuity' and use that. It should beep when two places are connected electrically. Go to the video out pins (where the plug would be) and connect one to the V pin and hunt around to find another video out source

jefflongo

Broke BitBuilt
Staff member
Portables
I don't know about the N64 but in general some things to note when tracing out a signal is that

1) The trace might enter a via and appear on the other side of the board

2) If the signal goes through a cap or resistor you won't have continuity but just use common sense to determine that the signal is in fact going through there

so far i believe this is correct? could anyone verify this for me? Or would I want to connect it after the capacitors?

Last edited:

Matthew

Formally known as Chaos
Portables
Personally I would connect it directly to the chip itself. You probably could get it after the capacitors but unless something is wonky with the picture you're getting then connecting to the chip itself is fine.

ShockSlayer

the real
Portables
please do not ask!!!! I will NOT respond
@aMammoth
Trust me, you want as many filtering components as possible. Like everything, they're there for a reason.

Anyways, I'm guessing at any point you didn't actually try googling "MAV-NUS" because there's already like 20 pinouts of it out there.

Here are all of the traces anyways, specifically on a REV 9 board:

The second image is mirrored, but it should be clear enough for you to use regardless.

From the looks of it, DA5/DA6 is where it's mixed with LUMA or something. If you grab from the top pin of C16 you'll probably be fine, if not, run that line through FIL11 and then connect that to GND through C13(basically recreating what's already on the board.)

There's also RA1 on the bottom where video is pulled down, but that's not in the images, and if you trim that off you probably have other problems.

Thank you very much. And believe me I did Google it. But Google isn't a friend of the user any more and doesn't produce results like it use to.