Worklog Advents Project Emporium

Portables
1 (Aran)
Been a little absent from the BitBuilt community the past couple of months due to a number of things (School, Work, Father passing, and Depression). But i'm back and with more projects than ever before (New and Improved with 40% more projects) so i decided instead of running several concurrent worklogs for my projects I would stick with just two. This showcase of a worklog featuring not 1 but 3 portables, 1 controller, and a micro sized console. and a Summer contest worklog (insert link here)

So without further ado. Welcome to the Advent Project Emporium (APE does not take any responsibility for damages or shock caused by the contents of the Emporium, Patrons scroll at their own risk)
'Warning contains puns'

Gamecube Micro
Progress: On-going 80% complete
Simple Gamecube Micro project designed by @Wesk
Still has work to do (internals) Wii is waiting to be trimmed to fit, now that i finally have the AVEflex boards from @YveltalGriffin (thanks mate), postage is stupid in the age of Covid, i purchased the boards from them back in January.

Decided to customise a GC controller to go with the GCMicro. Would have loved to do i mini controller like @Madmorda but alas the thumbsticks they used in thiers seem to be impossible to get now :(

Had a chance to use a laser cutter at work so i decided to make the Gamecube jewel out of acrylic and laser etch the logo into it. (and damn if that don't look amazing)
20210602_123427.jpg
20210602_123521.jpg

Still a little bit of sanding and cleanup to do on the shell. Also the controller and usb ports look like 2 concerned androids

Gamecube Joy-cons - HD Remaster
Progress: Original: On-going 70% complete
Progress: HD Remaster: On-going 20% complete
We all know the amazing word done by @Shank on the GC Joy-cons. But as stated by shank themselves the project is difficult, time consuming and there is no detailed information on how to build them.
So just like game companies remastering classic games, I have decided to Remaster the GC Joy-con. Im using the excellent work done by shank as a starting point and am hoping to create a detailed worklog with all the information that others will need to be able to use it to build their own. I fully expect this project to take awhile and require many iterations to make it.

Stay tuned
20210602_123739.jpg

Louii handheld clone - Space themed
Progress: On-going 60% complete
I have long liked the look of the Louii console build by @GingerOfOz. So i decided it was time i started building another portable, putting into use the lessons i learnt building the Aran i made last year.
And since i had access to a UV printer at the place i was working at i thought why not make it special. So i present to you my Louii portable case. The Nintendo Galaxwii.
20210602_124041.jpg
20210602_124048.jpg

Waiting on parts to continue with the portable, specifically circuit boards from JLCPCB and the screen.

Classic G-Wii build
Progress: On-going 55% complete
Classic G-Wii that almost everyone has build. kinda feels like a right of passage. So i decided that it was time to build one as well.
But i decided to jazz it up a bit. Metal thumbstick in metallic purple :), Metal sticker of the GC Logo to go on the screen bezel (not pictured), and More UV printing on the back of the case of the Aurora Borealis. Which incidently gives the console its name " Nintendo Bore'wii'alis"
20210602_124240.jpg
20210602_124249.jpg

As with the Galaxwii console im waiting on parts to continue the build.

WiiSPii build
Progress: On-going 50% complete
With the release of the files by @StonedEdge I decided to push myself and build the amazing WiiSPii. This is going to be a long-term ongoing project due to the shortage of DirectDrives.
But i won't let that stop me from continuing the build. Currently printed in white resin for the bottom and translucent super tough resin for the screen and buttons, unfortuntely the screen warped during the printing process and needs to be re printed, and StonedEdge informed me of an error in the base 3D model and so that needs to be reprinted as well. so this is very much an in-progress build. But the circuit boards are now on their way from JLCPCB, now I just need to buy the components to populate it :D

20210602_124617.jpg

Well that's it from me, hopefully you enjoyed your visit to the Emporium, your patronage is appreciated as is your feedback on anything you saw today.

We Hope to see you again soon

Last edited:

StonedEdge

a.k.a. ClonedEdge
Portables
Wow, those UV prints are beautiful!... Especially the back of that Louii... also glad to see you're having a go at a WiiSPii! Good luck sir!

Portables
1 (Aran)
Update!

The Screen bezel and back of the WiiSPii have been re printed, and the WiiSPii now has a nickname "StrawbWii & Cream" due to the colour scheme reminding me of the strawberry and cream lollies.

20210605_132629.jpg
20210605_132619.jpg
Sugar-Station-Bulk-Line-8-Strawberry-Cream.jpg

Also initial soldering tests on the GCjoy-con were a great success. i have the directional and abxy buttons working, just need time to tackle the shoulder and +,-, capture and homme buttons. and cut the wavebird shell.

more updates soon

Portables
1 (Aran)
Update! GC Joycons Now with 20% more progress

Shell is cut (needs some trimm/sanding) Initial soldering tests worked well. And Custom buttons for +,-, Home, and Capture buttons.
unfortunately still waiting on the thumbsticks, but i've also ordered metal thumbstick caps in the OG GC style, so should look pretty sweet :D
20210604_164021.jpg
20210612_125856.jpg

20210612_125842.jpg

Not the best photo of the buttons, but ill take a better photo later on

Portables
1 (Aran)
Ok update on GC Joy-cons

I was going to use @Shank design for the joycons for the remaster, but no offense to his work, this project is a nightmare. the left joycon is coming along nicely enough, the right joycon is hell, this is down to the joycon board being a pain in the ass size and shape. So i've seperated the project into 'Original" and "HD Remaster" this is because im starting the HD Remaster from scratch. rather than cutting up wavebirds for the joycon i am using the fantastic 3D scan work of @Wesk to digitally cut the wavebird controller an model in dedicated mounting points, so that the joycons can be 3D printed and designing some PCBs to make the wiring much easier and cleaner.

But for now here is a preview of the joycons
joycon right.PNG
joycon left.PNG
gc joycon HD.PNG

Shank

Staff member
Portables
I was going to use @Shank design for the joycons for the remaster, but no offense to his work, this project is a nightmare.
No offense taken! I made it pretty clear that the project was wack

Portables
1 (Aran)
Progress has been slow of late, due to uni commitments. But i have found a little bit of time to squeeze in some work on they hd joycons.
Screenshot_20210715-090417_Messenger.jpg

And did a rough test print of the left top
20210715_085834.jpg
20210715_085838.jpg

Last edited:
Portables
1 (Aran)
To everyone who has been watching these projects, sorry for the lack of updates on progress. I am still working on the projects, My university has caused me a pile of trouble in regards to my teaching degree which has caused me to put other projects onto the back burner. Combined with my own struggles with mental health has meant that hobbies have become a distant 4th or 5th priority unfortuntly.

i hope everyone is staying safe out there.

Advent

Portables
You're doing a great job dude absolutely killing it we impressed with your work from all over the globe

Bro these projects look sick! I know it's hard to try and look on the bright side but your doing a truly great job