Discussion Adding PTH to the BitBuilt store

Should BitBuilt sell PTH regulators in the store?

• Total voters

The Next Guy

Sun Dried Cases
Portables
Melted in the Sun
Since the PTH regulators can be purchased for a significantly reduced price when bought in bulk, I figure that it would be somewhat profitable and cheaper. I would love to see this get put into action, though it may not happen.

ShockSlayer

the real
Portables
please do not ask!!!! I will NOT respond
We have a talented team here, it's more likely we'd develop newer regulator solutions that are smaller, cheaper, and more efficient, or some grab-bag of options inbetween.

The Next Guy

Sun Dried Cases
Portables
Melted in the Sun
That is very true, and I hope to see such devices come to fruition, but perhaps in the meantime for those who wanna start. I myself have a design in progress for more efficient regulators for cheap, but perhaps some may rather have TI (as silly as that is).

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
That is very true, and I hope to see such devices come to fruition, but perhaps in the meantime for those who wanna start. I myself have a design in progress for more efficient regulators for cheap, but perhaps some may rather have TI (as silly as that is).
I'm working on a board specifically designed for the Wii. There's already a prototype ready and working, and I'm finalizing the design in these days

Portables
Lol!
I'm working on a board specifically designed for the Wii. There's already a prototype ready and working, and I'm finalizing the design in these days
Think we could get a sneak peek? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
Think we could get a sneak peek? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
wiireg.png

The weird shape was just to match other boards on a testing prototype. More details will be given soon

The Next Guy

Sun Dried Cases
Portables
Melted in the Sun
Hehe I knew bout it, I guess you are finally going public about it.

fibbef

Wizardry V Completer
I'm actually really excited about the prospect of ready-to-go custom regulators. Aurelio's prototype looks awesome and sounds like an idiot/fibbef-proof tool that will greatly help portablizers. And if they become available in the store at significantly cheaper than 4x pth's, even better!

In the event these regs don't make it to the store, I wouldn't mind picking up TI regs from the BB store, especially if they came at a discount.

Edit: Um, why did the words "custom regulators" become a hyperlink? I didn't do that.

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
significantly cheaper than 4x pth's, even better!
Nope. This board is not just a breakout with the regulators on it. It also includes a battery charger, a fuel gauge and integrated battery protection, so no, it's going to be a bit expensive.

Noah

retired
Portables
In all honesty buying things like regulators only to resell them
Edit: Um, why did the words "custom regulators" become a hyperlink? I didn't do that.
The Wiki automatically adds a hyper link for any existing page with the title of that text. In can be disabled on a forum by forum basis but I'll leave it enabled since the wiki is coming out soon™

Damn it @Aurelio, :Dyou're keeping me from starting my portable since all these new toys are coming out.
I can't wait for the future of Wii portablizing with GCVideo, regulator boards, audio amps, (and other stuff that BitBuilt staff are scheming up)!

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
Damn it @Aurelio, you're keeping me from starting my portable since all these new toys are coming out.
I can't wait for the future of Wii portablizing with GCVideo, regulator boards, audio amps, (and other stuff that BitBuilt staff are scheming up).
Don't wait for me. While the audio amp is basically ready and tested, the regulator board still needs a bit of work and with my tight schedule I don't know how much time it will take me to finish it