Worklog Adding BT to G-Wii

I've had my G-Wii now a couple of days and played through Luigi's Mansion on it - use wired headphones sometimes and I just cant really get used to that again, so I wanted to try and add a BT transmitter to my G-Wii

I had some BT Transmitter lying around and used one of those to try and build it in the G-Wii

opened it up, desoldered the audio jack and cut down the board a bit

I first tried soldering some nice colored wires to the board but I think the audio lines were a bit long and got some "high" interference so I swaped them out and layed the BT transmitter on top of the internal audio jack with really short wires going to the jack itself (capton tape between the board and jack)

soldered the rest of the cables to the audio amp 3v3, ground and HC (turn of and on the internal speakers)

then I cut of the 3,5mm plug so I could switch of the speakers by putting it manualy in the audio jack

I'm pretty satisfied with the mod, I plan on adding a switch to turn the BT module on and off and also turn off the sound to the speakers without the need of a plug

Question:
I still get a tiny interference sound on the BT line (nothing on speakers or if I plug a wired headset to the console) does someone have a solution to get rid of the noise completely?

Attachments

Last edited:

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Was the interference present before you trimmed the transmitter?

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
If trimming the end off somehow created a ground loop, yes. Only way to be sure is to remove it from the G-Boy and connect it to another analog audio source. If the interference is still present, it's the module. If not, I'm not really sure what to suggest. Did you sand the edges after trimming the module? Could potentially be a transient short between the layers.