Adaptive Analog Converter

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
Hello :)
I'd like to show you my latest creation. It is a small board that converts the output of any kind of analog stick/slider to a full range signal.
I know that there is already RDC's 3DS2AN, but since it is 35$ and I don't know if he has them available, I decided to make a cheaper board on my own.
Also it can be used with any analog stick as an input, not just 3DS sliders, since it adapts itself on the range of the input signal, so all that is needed is to make a loop movement with the slider/stick after startup.

I made this board to use it in my portable, but if you want I can make more of them.

Attachments

watsug

Cool thingy, does it do both sticks on the same? What are the 6 wires for?

The third party n64 controllers on ebay use 50k potentiometers, could this be used to hook up gamecube sticks?

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
Cool thingy, does it do both sticks on the same? What are the 6 wires for?

The third party n64 controllers on ebay use 50k potentiometers, could this be used to hook up gamecube sticks?
Yes, it can handle two sticks (even though in the picture there is only one, my bad).
The 6 wires are used to power the board and for the 4 output signals.
This board uses 50k digital potentiometers so it should work fine, but just FYI, as long as the potentiometers are used just as voltage dividers their total resistance doesn't really matters (assuming that there aren't other external resistors connected to it).

cheese

the tallest memer in town
Staff member
That's pretty neat, would definitely be useful for portables that use the sliders

I would be interested in a few: Do you have a price in mind and would you ship internationally?

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
I would be interested in a few: Do you have a price in mind and would you ship internationally?
How many? I don't have the needed components as of now and I would need at least a month to gather them all (mostly due to waiting time from OshPark).
I haven't thought much about a selling price, maybe 15$ + shipping (whereever you want), but if you are capable of doing such soldering (they are pretty easy with the right tools) and you have a pickit (or any other kind of PIC programmer) then you can build it by yourself since I will release the source code and I will share the project on OshPark

I made an account just to ask if I could by a few off of you? I tried going through the websites store but didn't have any...

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
I made an account just to ask if I could by a few off of you? I tried going through the websites store but didn't have any...
These were never finalized because I then developed GC+ that performs the scaling by itself. What do you need this for?

These were never finalized because I then developed GC+ that performs the scaling by itself. What do you need this for?
im not so smart with any of this stuff
unlike you guys
but I wanted to us this for my n64 portable
basically use a Wii U joystick as a replacement
I'm having no luck and I'm not sure if this will work
from the looks of it this will do the trick....I think

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
unlike you guys
To use a 10k joystick with an N64 controller you need a completely different converter chip.

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
unlike you guys
This won’t work with a standard n64 controller. You should use one of those n64 clone controllers that already use potentiometers as sticks

Kitsen

Portables
do tupper-stein count?
is there any documentation, codes, part list for this project? I have to make a adc/dac set up and I'm unable to find clear documentation about it (my apoligies for reviving an old thread, i hope it's not too much of a bother)

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
is there any documentation, codes, part list for this project? I have to make a adc/dac set up and I'm unable to find clear documentation about it (my apoligies for reviving an old thread, i hope it's not too much of a bother)
Oh wow I didn't even remember about this project. I did it mainly for GC controllers, but then I made GC+, so this didn't make much sense anymore. I will try looking for the code and schematics of this, probably tomorrow morning

Kitsen

Portables
do tupper-stein count?
Oh wow I didn't even remember about this project. I did it mainly for GC controllers, but then I made GC+, so this didn't make much sense anymore. I will try looking for the code and schematics of this, probably tomorrow morning
Thank you very much, I thought about using a GC+ but since it's not for a Gamecube controller (8bitndo NES30 pro) I don't think it would work or i'd love to be wrong.

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
Thank you very much, I thought about using a GC+ but since it's not for a Gamecube controller (8bitndo NES30 pro) I don't think it would work or i'd love to be wrong.
Yeah GC+ wouldn't work

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
Sorry for the wait, I had some busy days. In the attachments you can find both the code and the schematics. The code was my first time testing Microchip MCC, I totally regret doing that, but it should work.
Also I didn't share the PCB files, they were pretty bad. I suggest you to make them by yourself, but if you don't know how to I can redesign them again, it shouldn't take long.

Attachments