Question A quick question about re-wiring the reset button?

I had an issue with the board that I'm currently preparing to trim where I pressed a bit too hard on the tactile button and ended up thumb-punching the damn thing straight off, effectively preventing myself from hardware resetting straight into priiloader.

Context: I don't want to make a portable so much as I want to make a smaller wii akin to a wii micro, but I'm essentially making it so I have a much smaller box to play Melee on. ANYWAYS:

I have RVLoader installed on this particular board and I've done the U10 relocation (I'm still pre-trim), and I can get it to boot into RVLoader just fine! But I was considering that after I trim, I understand essentially what I have to do in order to power the board, but if I want to keep the reset button as part of the trimmed wii...do I need to introduce a button in the power configuration?

Is there a particular via or part of the board I can solder a button to that will trigger the reset button of the motherboard? Or will I have to introduce a button that temporarily cuts power to my power source (in this case it's going to be USB-C with an RVL-PSU)

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables

Grounding the reset via shown here with a momentary switch will trigger the reset function

Ah! I am so sorry I didn't look closer at this particular image! That gives me everything I need to know, thank you so much!

Edit: Just so I'm clear, when you say grounding the reset, do you mean linking GND to this particular via and wiring current / voltage up to a momentary switch and that ground?or just having the switch complete a circuit from that via to any GND?