Worklog A Gwii Worklog (The first in a while)

dababy

Ok so here is the first gwii portable in a while. I’ve already done quite a bit but better late than never. I have the pms pd led and fan all wired up with the wii ready to drop in. Rn I’m wiring up the batteries. Ps the name is to be come up with but something to do with Zelda because of the case. Lemme know what names I should consider lol

Attachments

dababy

Ok I just faceplanted bigtime. When trying to solder to my 18650s they both sparked up real quick and each have visible damage should I use them or buy new ones??

soldering batteries isn't really a good idea in general, it can be done but the heat can damage them or cause them to explode (particularly with coin cells, which are much smaller and have less mass to absorb and spread the heat). It is much safer to spot weld tabs onto batteries, which does not introduce nearly as much heat to the batteries, or use clips/contacts so you don't heat the batteries at all

dababy

K guys big moment here I got everything done so far done correctly. With a hot bit of time in the batteries fan goes on and off with button. Is the led supposed to change color tho? Because rn it stays red

Attachments

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
K guys big moment here I got everything done so far done correctly. With a hot bit of time in the batteries fan goes on and off with button. Is the led supposed to change color tho? Because rn it stays red
The LED's behaviour is configurable in RVLoader

dababy

K guys massive ass update I got my first trim working after I dropped in my Wii. I am actually so fricking happy

Attachments

dababy

Update: I was planning on wiring controls but I have to run some errands. However I was able to wire up usb in the blink of an eye which surprisingly worked 2nd shot. Also I have a question about wiring tact switches. Do they all need to be wired together on one end like the 4 layer tech documents? One more thing, what are scw and sdw for? thanks guys cya in a bit.

Attachments

dababy

K guys after 4 hours and loads of help from Pablo on discord I’ve successfully wired some controls making games playable .again I’d still be working on it if Pablo hadn’t helped me out so thanks for that. I’ll update tomorrow. Ps I still need a name

dababy

Bad news: something happened still don’t know what but when 3.3 is connected to wii it has abt 1.46 v and unconnected it has 3.309v. 1.8v always has .85. Does this sound like a familiar issue to u guys?

Attachments

dababy

hey all i know its been a while but i had a huge setback but im ready to proceed now
so one mobo later and were back to where i left off. ps im not bumping an old thread ill update shortly

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
K guys I promised updates and here I am… just finished the vga mod (lmfao never thought I’d see wii in hd) anyway I just have a pic it rn I’ll send a video soon
Technically it's still just SD, but it's nice and crisp on those panels