A general question about BadAssConsoles.com

Portables
3/4
First let me say I'm not here to offend or tarnish a reputation or anything like that. I love this community along with all the genius minds and don't want to put anyone down.

I would just like to know if anyone here has bought parts from BadAssConsoles.com and if they received their order? I ordered around $100 worth of parts in September of 2016 and my order status a year later is still "Awaiting Fulfillment". I've tried contacting them and got a couple responses in the beginning but now I can't find any way to send a message to them through their website. The one email address I have I've sent multiple emails to but haven't really gotten any responses. :-(

Again, I only ask this because it's now been over a year and I'm really worried I'm out almost $100 with nothing to show for it. Anyone know how to contact them or anything?? Any help would be appreciated...:-(

If this question seems too personal, against the rules or anything just let me know and I can delete it. I just figured the community might be able to help me.

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Sounds like Mega. Sorry mate, but you're more likely to sprout wings than see those parts. It's probably too late to dispute the transaction, but it's the best chance you have of getting something back.

Shank

Staff member
Portables
inb4 inevitable shitstorm
Your timing is kinda crazy. Mega from badass consoles and some members in bitbuilt are in a quite bitter war over many issues of his product and business practices.

ShockSlayer

the real
Portables
please do not ask!!!! I will NOT respond
you're fucked, mega has intentionally held people's shit hostage in the past just to spite them because of the 6-month paypal rule or w/e

I have no idea how his account is not banned, he willfully commits fraud by selling products he doesn't have on the reg

Noah

retired
Portables
As someone who has bought from Mega several times, all of what SS said is true.

Last year Gman won an UltraHDMI install from the contest and so I had Mega do it. I submitted the order in June of 2016 and the order wasn't send back until January.

Here's a screenshot of the initial order email:

Take note of the date. June 9th, 2016.

The next time I heard anything was late November of 2016.

Sent it and nothing for two months.

Then, finally at the end of January, I get this:

It took over 7 months for the order to show up. And even then, he was treating the console he installed the UltraHDMI into was treated like shit on stream because "it was going to Gman" and Mega doesn't like Gman.

So yes, buying from Mega is discouraged. Especially when half of the shit he sells he doesn't have in stock or isn't finished. For example, I recall ShockSlayer telling me that Mega had told him that the GCVideo option for analog and digital output hadn't even been designed yet and he was selling it on his site.

TL;DR: Don't buy from BadAss Consoles if you ever want to see your product. There are plenty of other outlets to buy UltraHDMI and a GCVideo lite will be better than his board.

Last edited:

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Somehow he gave me my money back when I told him a sob story in January about my cube dying to a power surge. Otherwise he's always been a shitlord about communication and stock.

Portables
3/4
Man that sucks!! I had only been a member of BitBuilt for a couple months when I placed the order... wish I would've known. That's some pretty f'd up stuff to do to customers. No wonder he took down all his contact info and any way to message him about orders off his site... guess I'm out $100.:facepalm:

If anything I hope my $100 screw up benefits someone else in the future by not letting them get screwed too. Thanks for all the info guys, I've learned my lesson... well, one of the many that I tend to learn the hard way, lol!!