Question A few questions on wiring the U-Amp

havocb

Hey everyone, while I am broke to high hell and waiting to order the last of supplies in order to start with this build, I am making a diagram to reference/familiarize myself with as to make life a bit easier when wiring time comes. I've been reading until my eyes bleed and understand most of the documentation(s) but wanted some guidance with wiring the u-amp if anyone is willing to help.

1.) So I've been reading the documentation and I'm still not quite sure which pad from the amp we are running to audio left and right on the I2S wiring photo.

Would it be IL and IR, on the u-amp? The digital and analog configurations are hanging me up a bit.
-------

2.) Would anyone be able to identify which parts of this headphone jack are HL and HR? or which prongs are + and - on the speakers?:

The speaker is an SP-1511S-3 found on Digikey. The headphone jack is a 35RAPC4BH3, also found on Digikey.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Hey everyone, while I am broke to high hell and waiting to order the last of supplies in order to start with this build, I am making a diagram to reference/familiarize myself with as to make life a bit easier when wiring time comes. I've been reading until my eyes bleed and understand most of the documentation(s) but wanted some guidance with wiring the u-amp if anyone is willing to help.

1.) So I've been reading the documentation and I'm still not quite sure which pad from the amp we are running to audio left and right on the I2S wiring photo.

Would it be IL and IR, on the u-amp? The digital and analog configurations are hanging me up a bit.
-------

2.) Would anyone be able to identify which parts of this headphone jack are HL and HR? or which prongs are + and - on the speakers?:

The speaker is an SP-1511S-3 found on Digikey. The headphone jack is a 35RAPC4BH3, also found on Digikey.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
You don't have to touch L and R on the AVE if you're using I2S with the U-Amp. The L and R points are shown in case you don't want to use I2S audio. You only need to connect the digital MC, C, D, and WS lines from the Wii.

The speakers you've picked are good, but your headphone jack is the wrong type. You need one like this. You can find the pinout for things like the jacks in the datasheet linked right under the photo of the item. In this case pin 1 of the jack is HG, pin 2 is HL, pin 3 is HR, and pin 4 is S for headphone sense. If you decide not to use headphones, you can just bridge S and HG.

havocb

You don't have to touch L and R on the AVE if you're using I2S with the U-Amp. The L and R points are shown in case you don't want to use I2S audio. You only need to connect the digital MC, C, D, and WS lines from the Wii.

The speakers you've picked are good, but your headphone jack is the wrong type. You need one like this. You can find the pinout for things like the jacks in the datasheet linked right under the photo of the item. In this case pin 1 of the jack is HG, pin 2 is HL, pin 3 is HR, and pin 4 is S for headphone sense. If you decide not to use headphones, you can just bridge S and HG.
Ok I got it now. Thanks for clearing it up and thank you for the heads up on the jack.