8 Mystery Screws from my SCPH-5501

So to make a long story short, a year ago I disassembled a PS1 (SCPH-5501) for a project. Today I reassembled it but I was left with the horror that is "leftover parts of unknown origin." I now have 8 identical screws and after watching several disassembly videos, I still have no clue where they go on the machine. No guide or videos even mention these screws.
screws.jpg

Now I figure they might come from this port on the back but I tried to screw them in but they didn't seem to want to go in. Also, I'd still have 4 more screws left over.

ps1.jpg

The PS1 will still work without them, I verified that, but I'm a bit anxious they might be important. Where do these things go?

Last edited by a moderator:

MP3

Portables
I've worked on a lot of these, and those don't look like any screws out of that model. I'd be willing to bet they just ended up in your screw pile from something else.

I've worked on a lot of these, and those don't look like any screws out of that model. I'd be willing to bet they just ended up in your screw pile from something else.
That wouldn't surprise me. Part of the project involved a computer so it could be from somewhere in my computer.