Ghosts 64rced to come out of retirement for one last job

ShockSlayer

the real
Portables
please do not ask!!!! I will NOT respond
You wanna explain to me how tf I'm gonna make a non-clamshell laptop, Nold? You greasy motherfuckers makin' tablets now? I leave for 5 minutes and this shit.

Who started this??? Was it Shank? I knew that little Wiiner was up to no good.

MGC 2021 it's goin' down. DUKES UP

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
You wanna explain to me how tf I'm gonna make a non-clamshell laptop, Nold? You greasy motherfuckers makin' tablets now? I leave for 5 minutes and this shit.
We all 'bout dat slide and lift mechanism now. We in the future now oink lad

Shank

Staff member
Portables

ShockSlayer

the real
Portables

another win for the league of those who much prefer shelled clams

printer used to work perfectly. no idea why it's being such a peanut these days. probs gonna go with JLC for the final once I can confirm all my designs aren't equally peanut.

otherwise been doing lots of designing and minor tests. I've got the upper and lower portions connected via a 20 pin header which can fit through the hinge assembly pretty nicely, but haven't finished wiring up all of the minutia. nothing fancy to show yet, but a few things are cookin'.

I also finally got the correct fan and the airflow/heat tests came out superbly - will probably work even better once I can print a smoother panel and possibly apply some sealant once it's done.

StonedEdge

a.k.a. ClonedEdge
Portables
I see you have integrated oink squeaks into the hinge… that’s a feature right … ? :pig::rothink:

Lube that boy up. But it looks pretty sweet, can’t wait to see it. We need more clams in existence

ShockSlayer

the real
Portables
it's just the PLA. if I take off the middle part the squeaking goes away. wd40 is pretty delicious but probably not what I'd want to use for this if the hinges were oinking

ShockSlayer

the real
Portables

basically done with the case design, save for the inevitable tweaking after I finish another round of test prints. I did figure out what was ailing my printer, turns out cooling fans are important. didn't even know mine went missing. 3d printing is my passion

Saving the spiciest stuff for last. it'll take a bit to get it rolling, but I'll hit my MGC target for sure.