Question 6 layer wii trim

I want to make a wii micro but I want to add a few things so I could use a bit of space, so I was wondering if I relocate the nand and LDO can I trim that part off of a 6 layer wii? I have a CPU-01 so its the oldest revision, which probably complicates it but.. just wanted to ask anyway.

A_s6

Portables
i don’t give a hee ho
it should be possible to relocate the nand but compared to a 4 layer board it be a pain in the neck. your best options would be to find a way to cram in whatever you need or use a 4 layer board

it should be possible to relocate the nand but compared to a 4 layer board it be a pain in the neck. your best options would be to find a way to cram in whatever you need or use a 4 layer board
yeah I would attempt the nand relocation before the trim, but I just want to know if I can successfully relocate it, how far can I trim to stay safe? I found board scans of a 4 layer wii but it doesn't look like anyone has done a full scan of a 6 layer board.

A_s6

Portables
i don’t give a hee ho
yea i should have clarified: there’s no good way of doing it without mapping out the routes of the traces or scanning the board so pain in the neck = too much work

edit: how much space do you need/for what? even the standard om6 trim is pretty small so something like a lmao would be overkill for a wii micro

yea i should have clarified: there’s no good way of doing it without mapping out the routes of the traces or scanning the board so pain in the neck = too much work

edit: how much space do you need/for what? even the standard om6 trim is pretty small so something like a lmao would be overkill for a wii micro
Well I haven’t got it all in front of me yet but I’ve still been trying to plan it out. I want to add a built in wii2hdmi, I want it to be powered off 5v USB-C (which means I need a 5v to 7.5v boost converter for the sensor bar), and I wanted to attempt a wifi relocation. Out of 3 wiis I bought I got 1 4 layer so I want to practice trims and relocations on a 6 layer board first. I’m not a soldering expert, but I have done soldering to small traces with magnet wire on a switch before so I think I should be able to do the relocation, and if its harder on the 6 layer thats even better practice for me.

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Well I haven’t got it all in front of me yet but I’ve still been trying to plan it out. I want to add a built in wii2hdmi, I want it to be powered off 5v USB-C (which means I need a 5v to 7.5v boost converter for the sensor bar), and I wanted to attempt a wifi relocation. Out of 3 wiis I bought I got 1 4 layer so I want to practice trims and relocations on a 6 layer board first. I’m not a soldering expert, but I have done soldering to small traces with magnet wire on a switch before so I think I should be able to do the relocation, and if its harder on the 6 layer thats even better practice for me.
Instead of doing that, you could buy a sensor bar that runs off AAA batteries and power it off the 3.3v line.

Instead of doing that, you could buy a sensor bar that runs off AAA batteries and power it off the 3.3v line.
But would that be enough to make the wii2hdmi board fit? I can start test fitting once I get my rvl-psu