Question 6 layer wii trim not working

I trimmed a 6 layer wii to make a noldendo miicro. I got the noldendo's cut to work just fine, but I want to modify the design a bit, so I cut the usb ports to where they are cut to on an OM6 trim. After I did this trim, the wii will no longer boot. I noticed my RVL-PSU is outputting .9v on the 1v rail. I have resanded and the resistances all seem alright except for the 1v rail. the 1v rail has a resistance of 6 ohms to ground compared to the 127 ohms I see in the resistance chart. I assume my issue is here, but I've already tried resanding twice and it made no change. I'll list the rest of the resistances to ground if that helps:

1v: 6ohms
1.15v: 20ohm
3.3v: This one goes all over the place, but it usually calms down at about 8k ohms

Is this board done for or is there something else I can try. I will try resanding one last time tomorrow.

sadgasdgasdg.jpg
asdgasgda.jpg

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Remove the components that the dremel cut through, they may be interfering with operation

Portables
1 (Aran)
have you been testing the resistances with the PSU attached? if so unsolder the wires connecting the wii to the PSU that way you can check them both individually for shorts, because no offense but you PSU is in a disgusting state it looks crusty, im guessing you assembled it yourself, and haven't cleaned off the flux, the 3.3v line chip looks like it could be shorted and some of the other chips pins don't look great either

have you been testing the resistances with the PSU attached? if so unsolder the wires connecting the wii to the PSU that way you can check them both individually for shorts, because no offense but you PSU is in a disgusting state it looks crusty, im guessing you assembled it yourself, and haven't cleaned off the flux, the 3.3v line chip looks like it could be shorted and some of the other chips pins don't look great either
I tested the resistances with the psu disconnected.
Remove the components that the dremel cut through, they may be interfering with operation
I will try that now, thanks

1v 6ohms is normal reading for 6 layer wii,sorry for bumping old thread
yes thank you I forgot to post i got this wii to work yesterday. But now 1v has 4 ohms to ground, which seems really low but just for future reference a 6 layer wii can have 4 ohms resistance on the 1v rail. The issue with this wii is a bit special, I had to relocate the SD card slot to make it boot. Once I relocated it, I got to BootMii with no issue and from BootMii, BBLoader works. I have no idea why this wii won't boot without BootMii inserted but it did happen one time (out of like 20) when it was untrimmed, so I assume it's something I did wrong.

CrazyGadget

Crazy Helpful, CrazyGadget
Portables
???
Can you post a filled-out resistance table now that it works? It would be great to have for future reference.

Tony39

I trimmed a 6 layer wii to make a noldendo miicro. I got the noldendo's cut to work just fine, but I want to modify the design a bit, so I cut the usb ports to where they are cut to on an OM6 trim. After I did this trim, the wii will no longer boot. I noticed my RVL-PSU is outputting .9v on the 1v rail. I have resanded and the resistances all seem alright except for the 1v rail. the 1v rail has a resistance of 6 ohms to ground compared to the 127 ohms I see in the resistance chart. I assume my issue is here, but I've already tried resanding twice and it made no change. I'll list the rest of the resistances to ground if that helps:

1v: 6ohms
1.15v: 20ohm
3.3v: This one goes all over the place, but it usually calms down at about 8k ohms

Questa tavola è finita o c'è qualcos'altro che posso provare. Proverò a risabbiare un'ultima volta domani.

View attachment 15639View attachment 15640
ciao dove hai preso la pcb dei regolatori mi puoi mandare un link grazie

Last edited by a moderator:
Portables
2 Working trimms, 0 Portables
ciao dove hai preso la pcb dei regolatori mi puoi mandare un link grazie
I think It was a regulator board from the BitBuilt store, but now its closed, so not available anymore.

Tony39

Ok grazie
un'informazione io ho tagliato anche io una wii ma quando collego il video si vede disturbato

ok grazie

un'informazione ho anche tagliato una wii ma quando collego il video risulta disturbato non riesco a capire il problema