3DS Slider to analog stick diagram (SS's work)

This was up on MR for a while and then got deleted in the photobucket genocide. Someone over there was able to find a cache of it and I reuploaded it to imgur and now to BitBuilt. Not my work btw. All done by ShockSlayer.

Attachments

ShockSlayer

the real
Portables
please do not ask!!!! I will NOT respond
This doesn't actually work; the resistors don't change anything. 3DS sticks don't recenter properly and need a higher deadzone. You can solder them 1:1 (VCC/GND/X/Y) to a GC stick and they'll work practically identically.

This only appeared to work because it changed the voltage after the default center point had been set.

Noah

retired
Portables
I'm assuming RDC's boards are the way to go then? (I've never really toyed with sliders, don't like them much.)

ShockSlayer

the real
Portables
My XGC used two of the 3DS sticks and I never really had a problem. For the N64, I am fairly certain there's a newer version of the converter chip(the old one that Ashen made a guide on) that has deadzone control.

ShockSlayer

the real
Portables
No problem. I'll look for the image and rework this into something more useful. I'd also really love to do a guide for that new N64 adapter, but I need to actually find the source material first.

ShockSlayer

the real
Portables
Take a look at these and let me know what you think:

Full diagram:
3DS_GC_FULL.png

Printer Friendly (Lite edition):
3DS_GC_PF.png

Awesome work man. I've got good feelings about this place and the members

Printer friendly version is nice touch too lol

ShockSlayer

the real
Portables
Yeah I'll admit I spent more time on the second one. It probably needs to be cleaned up a little, but otherwise I feel it's pretty solid.

It's also really neat the fact the resistors are pointless. I think we've all been doing it for ~2 years now haha. I feel like a lemming