3d model texturing

I need someone that can texture 3d models for me, since I don't know how. I just need the outside of my shells to be of a similar texture to this:
1685421457509.png

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Are you asking about just a flat digital texture that looks like the GBA plastic for a high resolution render? Or are you trying to achieve a tactile surface texture that you can feel for 3D printing? If it's for 3D printing, you'll be hard pressed to get a tangible surface texture outside of high resolution resin prints

Are you asking about just a flat digital texture that looks like the GBA plastic for a high resolution render? Or are you trying to achieve a tactile surface texture that you can feel for 3D printing? If it's for 3D printing, you'll be hard pressed to get a tangible surface texture outside of high resolution resin prints
I plan to have it printed in resin. Can you explain what you mean?

Resin prints generally have more accuracy than PLA, so I think Stitches is saying that unless you use resin, you won't be able to get any form of texture specifically without going through a lot if trouble.

If you are using resin, you might be able to make a texture.

Resin prints generally have more accuracy than PLA, so I think Stitches is saying that unless you use resin, you won't be able to get any form of texture specifically without going through a lot if trouble.

If you are using resin, you might be able to make a texture.
Okay, thank you!

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
And even with a resin print, if you want to paint it, you will lose a lot of the texture to the paint filling in the little pits

And even with a resin print, if you want to paint it, you will lose a lot of the texture to the paint filling in the little pits
I plan to use spray paint. Will it make a difference? Should I commission someone to make the texture more bumpy to make up for the paint filling up the grooves?

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
If you want to really feel the texture, yeah. It'd have to be quite rough, and you'd need to use very light coats of paint to prevent the liquid from being able to flow into the gaps and fill them