Worklog [̶2̶0̶2̶1̶ ̶C̶o̶n̶t̶e̶s̶t̶ ̶E̶n̶t̶r̶y̶]̶ Worklog: The KiWii Portable

good work man I really like the shell design when I got into portibilizing I thought the kiwii is the perfect name glad someone got to use it and brilliant work

Portables
KiWii Portable (In progress)
image.jpg
image.jpg

New stuff came in the mail today! :D
This project is doing way better than I would’ve ever imagined! Yes I know I did a BIG oopsie on the DPAD. (The ground got cut off by a trace going right down the middle) but that’s ok! More updates soon to come, probably won’t be until I get my RVL-PMS 2, thanks to all you guys for supporting me, I could’ve never done it without the help of staff and local members on the Discord server! Please go join them on discord, you’ll probably get quicker help there anyway.

Last edited:
Portables
I got my new 4Layer LCD driver board, but must have had a bad screen, because I plugged it in, and the RTD2660 was burning hot, I removed it and replaced, and it starting working fin with a different screen, ordered a new screen waiting for it to arrive, and I had to fix my 3D printer after a overnight print went wrong :/

Portables
Sorry for lack of updates, this is a 1 year old post that never got to see the 2021 Summer build competition, I fucked up my 5 inch screen ribbon connector and ordered a new one last week. 3D modeling has 100% completed!!! I will definitely get it done this summer, all I need is to wait for that screen to come from of ALL places, China. :/

Portables
Holy shit I’m super excited, this is the farthest I’ve gotten to putting the portable together! Sadly it will be like 40mm thick, but it’s my first actual Wii portable, so I’m quite proud of myself the picture below is my like 10th iteration of the interior case LOL
537B3C30-8FDC-44A6-BD5A-286D1524AF28.jpeg

Portables
Don’t worry by the way, wiring will look way better once I close the case once and for all. 1 year in the making (because it’s been put off many times for school) and I’m so close to the finish line, I’m pumped!

dababy

Hey I have a quick question. Would you maybe release the Abxy and dpad boards? If not I totally understand also

Portables
Thanks all of you guys for the feedback, I 100% love the white and green, so that is it! My case is being modded because (silly me) forgot to implement screw holes to hold the portable console together ‍:/

Portables
Screen and buttons in place! I think the time of the final case is on the rise! As you can see the new PCB, buttons, and screen fit perfect! More updates soon! I have work today in 2 hours lol
1D54670E-8E19-48DA-BFF1-1DECB76E4F9B.jpeg

18E908AD-6FD7-4A00-95DC-A72206865770.jpeg

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Nice. Where are the speakers going btw? I don't see any holes or recesses