Worklog [̶2̶0̶2̶1̶ ̶C̶o̶n̶t̶e̶s̶t̶ ̶E̶n̶t̶r̶y̶]̶ Worklog: The KiWii Portable

Portables
KiWii Portable (In progress)
Nice. Where are the speakers going btw? I don't see any holes or recesses
Yeah, I was planning to put use Gamepad speakers and put them under the sticks and buttons. Haven’t been able to add them, since they are still in transit. Also my Wii is gone, broke my RVL-AVE, no signal anymore on VGA or Composite, so when the new one gets here, I’ll have to install RVLoader, and trim a new board ☹

AFE123

0x737cfb7b4d5677317210bddc07c6a51a 106e1f45330ee7a
Portables
1ish.
Yeah, I was planning to put use Gamepad speakers and put them under the sticks and buttons. Haven’t been able to add them, since they are still in transit. Also my Wii is gone, broke my RVL-AVE, no signal anymore on VGA or Composite, so when the new one gets here, I’ll have to install RVLoader, and trim a new board ☹
Well, at least you gotta board where you could salvage parts if needed :)

Portables
Trimmed board boots!!!! Gonna take a break to eat, and take some time off, because I stressed out why my board wouldn’t output to a display.

Portables
Taking vacation, this thread will be inactive, most likely until August, though maybe later, since I’m traveling to multiple place by car, thanks everyone for the support.

Portables
Almost a whole year since my last update, and almost 2 years since the beginning, I killed a few things including my PMS, and took a long break from the project, but I’m back now, with actual progress, Wii is finally functional 100%. Case finalization is the last aspect, and completion will arrive!
IMG_0087.jpeg

Portables
Looking good! Glad to see you back at it.

The portable wii projects can be discouraging at times. I almost gave up on many occasions while building mine.

Portables
Begun work on the side for my LCD screen, modeling a back plate that I can attach the LCD board and hold the screen in with a cutout for the screen ribbon cable, hopefully this will provide some more support.
Capture.PNG

Portables
Case design has been finalized, my printer isn't up for the task though since its been having issues with under extrusion. I may end up sending the models to a different supplier like PCBway. So be ready for that

Adan

Portables
i did not realize that. sorry. as an apology, here is a cute picture of kiwi
1685724847941.png

Portables
I recently moved and I'm still collecting my things to bring to my new apartment, I won't return to this project until after January most likely since thats around the next time I will get all of my parts for this project. It will be on hold for quite a while before I return, even though this project has been in the works for over 2 years, I do really want to finish it for sure as soon as I can.

Portables
Finally ready to release files for the Wii U Gamepad button board breakouts! Have fun with them!
Replying to this post, here is the original KiCad Project files for the button breakouts if you would like to utilize them in another Project!

Attachments