Search results

1. Question 1.117v on the u10 line?

Another day, another question.. I'm getting close to my first succesful 6 layer trim! All the voltages are now right at the right places, the processor seems to heat up a bit when turned on BUT no signal towards the TV, not from the official connector or from a temporarily attached video line...
  2. Question OM6 Trim & output cable

I now know why it didn't catch my eye. I was still sanding and sanding and sanding after I took the picture, it already dropped off in the meantime. I also just made the board flush at the same point towards the video output so I have a straight area to sand on (and not more corners then...
  3. Question OM6 Trim & output cable

Would it make sense to state that it needs more sanding to the output part of the board? I did not cut/sand where all the cut was already in the board (you know the indent)
  4. Question OM6 Trim & output cable

oooh dear! that didn't even caught my eye!... so what do we do, remove, try to fix it?.... it seems to be right in between the red line on the trim instructions so it's a bit unclear to me :P
  5. Question OM6 Trim & output cable

The regs have been tested succesfuly before placement :) (added it to 'the things I know' list)
  6. Question Trim help

Cheese, mind answering this one thing that confuses me? If you say higher grit do you mean from 600 to 800 or from 600 to 400.. This might be a weird question but like the fact that higher gauge wire means it's getting thinner it's just confusing to me (as a European/Dutchy) since here...
  7. Worklog Wii Book

Hey a fellow dutchy! Are you going to enter the competition too?
  8. Question OM6 Trim & output cable

Hey guys/gals (me again!), Since I've had no luck with my OMGWTF trim on the 4 layer board and I do really want to get further along on my project I started trimming a 6 layer board through the OM6 guide. I've bought 4 wii's now through several markets and they all turned out to be the 6 layer...
  9. Question Bare minimum for OMGWTF trim, minor undervoltage, minimum amps for boot?

I'm going for a portable build where the Wii stays intact for the most part (just ground trimming and form factor won't be much bigger then my 7 inch screen + controllers etc) and therefore look for the best way to power the wii-board with the custom regulators BUT retain all required voltages...
  10. Question Bare minimum for OMGWTF trim, minor undervoltage, minimum amps for boot?

I've got the custom regulators you guys advised in some posts and they are awesome. I've ordered enough to do 1v, 1.15v, 3.3v and 5v (twice) but am just wondering if there are any advantages between the custom regulators onto a full wii-board (thus power it through the original power input) or...
  11. Question Bare minimum for OMGWTF trim, minor undervoltage, minimum amps for boot?

Would that bring down energy consumption? I would also like to use the USB and gamecube ports (not the memory card ports) so 5v is also required of course. Right now I'm just testing through the 12v input
  12. Question Bare minimum for OMGWTF trim, minor undervoltage, minimum amps for boot?

Managed to get an untrimmed to partially boot with just batteries! But I think the batteries them self (salvaged from 2.1 amp phone chargers) don't hold enough oomph for the 12v line.
  13. Question Bare minimum for OMGWTF trim, minor undervoltage, minimum amps for boot?

Started with 80 then moved up to 400. I get voltages everywhere except for 1.15. So if I wish to power a full-board could I go through the same OMGWTF wiring?
  14. Question Bare minimum for OMGWTF trim, minor undervoltage, minimum amps for boot?

Oh wait! The 6 layer versions 1.8v is not required as an input! Hmmm well I also have been sanding down the edges since @Bakuku has been helping me out a bit and thought maybe the small voltage drop was because of micro shortages. I've been sanding for a while and my 0.9 has gone up to 1.0! My...
  15. Question Bare minimum for OMGWTF trim, minor undervoltage, minimum amps for boot?

Another update: - Measured the U10 towards the GPU and it also reads 3.2v (ish).. - USB connected to 7-6 + 5v external power input for USB, no blinking lights (https://bitbuilt.net/images/guide_hub/console_modding/wii/ss_definitive_wii/usb_all.png) - USB connected to 2-3 + 5v external power...
  16. Discussion Show me your trim!

Guys, I'm new to trimming, doing my best to understand it all, read allot of documentation and posts here.. The guide is awesome but [in my opinion] really lacks examples where the trimming is done! So show me your best trims! We should be able to learn from each others approaches right!
  17. Question Bare minimum for OMGWTF trim, minor undervoltage, minimum amps for boot?

Will try that this weekend if I find the time, though I also have to find a usb stick that has a led indicator he he
  18. Question Bare minimum for OMGWTF trim, minor undervoltage, minimum amps for boot?

no luck, wired it as near as possible to the 'video/audio-chip' center of the composite to that point and the outside of the composite to ground... Indeed my thought was also running hot == working device.... Reset did not help me
  19. Question Bare minimum for OMGWTF trim, minor undervoltage, minimum amps for boot?

Got another smaller TV I had lying around: No signal
  20. Question Bare minimum for OMGWTF trim, minor undervoltage, minimum amps for boot?

My tv is slightly confusing in that case, it states 'no signal' for around 3 seconds and then goes to a black screen with or without the wii beyond that it's only popping on when signal is received.... I installed portablizemii this weekend so I guess that's good enough and it booted without...