Search results

1. TheAnimeFan

Question Modders, What Got You Into Modding?

How did you guys get into the portablizing hobby? I am interested to hear your stories! I'll start: Like a lot of people, I got interesting in the hobby when I saw one of Shank Mods videos. More specifically, the video on the WIiVision. I had never seen something so amazing, who could have...
  2. TheAnimeFan

Worklog Wii U R&D Thread (WURD)

If you use a USB drive/SD card, you can homebrew the vWii, making it so you can run both games and channels. Check wiiu.hacks.guide Also, you are AMAZING Yveltal! We might be getting a Wii U Portable sooner than we think...
  3. TheAnimeFan

Worklog Baby's First GameCube Controller

It seems as if the Fisher-Price controller takes 3.3V. I could be wrong, but I found a website that converts this into a USB Game Controller. Quote: "The controller normally runs on 3 AA batteries (4.5V). As the batteries discharge, the voltage supplied gradually decreases. In fact, it will even...
  4. TheAnimeFan

Sorry, my bad for being so cryptic, lol. The controller board has sound effects whenever you click certain buttons on the controller, including when you click the joystick in. This is done by a pushbutton switch (I believe). When the switch is clicked in, the controller lights up and plays a...
  5. TheAnimeFan

The problem is, I want ALL of the original sound effects, and one of the sound effects on the controller is triggered when you click the joystick in. I COULD just wire up the click to an Arduino and have it activate the code from there?
  6. TheAnimeFan

This is the general idea of this project: Take a Fisher-Price Controller, and take a GC+2.0, and wire everything up to make it into an ACTUAL GameCube controller. There's only a few problems that might arise after doing some research and messing with it myself. 1) The joystick module that I'm...
  7. TheAnimeFan

After discovering that Ginger would flame me if I ever made a GameCube portable, I have decided to put my GameCube portable project to the side. As much as I LOVE the idea of a Wii portable, I think I should take a step back and look at the bigger picture. So let's take a look at the controller...
  8. TheAnimeFan

Worklog My GameCube Portable Attempt

Hi guys, I've been lurking for a while, so I decided it's time to finally toss my hat into the ring. I have a spare GameCube motherboard that has been lying around for who know how long, and I decided it's about time to put it to use. Is this probably and exercise in futility, considering that...
  9. TheAnimeFan

Wii Games Do Not Work on RVLoader

I am using a Wii2HDMI adapter with an HDMI cord. No Component Cables. Although, I haven't tried it with the Component Cables yet
  10. TheAnimeFan

Wii Games Do Not Work on RVLoader

Hello all, sorry if this is a bit of a noob question, but I have a Wii that has been modded with RVLoader. It currently uses an SD to USB adapter. All GameCube games work on it just fine, but any Wii games will not work. I press the A button and then nothing happens. Is there anything that I'm...
  11. TheAnimeFan

Miniature wii

https://bitbuilt.net/forums/index.php?threads/wii-miicro-deluxe-noldendo-wii-miicro-remix.4638/#post-50537 https://bitbuilt.net/forums/index.php?threads/guide-release-noldendo-wii-miicro.3750/ These will most likely get you some good information
  12. TheAnimeFan

The Nintendo FakeCube

This is a work of art. This was the console of my dreams back then! It's amazing that it's finally a reality
  13. TheAnimeFan

Worklog The Wii-84 Plus: A Gaming... Calculator?

That would work, but I really don't want my Wii-84 to explode on me XD
  14. TheAnimeFan

I will need to do so. As much space as a TI-84 looks to have, it hardly has ANY room on this inside.
  15. TheAnimeFan

The issue with that, yes, in theory, the parts would fit, all except for the batteries. Those are too thick to fit inside.
  16. TheAnimeFan

I was wanting to use the original case, but I may have to 3D Print a case extension to fit in the components I was toying with the idea of using the original D-Pad in the project, but I'm not sure how that would look...
  17. TheAnimeFan

Everyone remembers those old Texas Instruments Calculators that your high school forced you to buy for math class. I mean, sure, you can emulate old games on these calculators, good for it, but that's kinda boring. Why don't we do something a bit better? I decided to try to cram a Nintendo Wii...
  18. TheAnimeFan

WiiinToaster

This is amazing.
  19. TheAnimeFan

Hey, what does this button do?

Hey, what does this button do?
  20. TheAnimeFan

Solved How Small Can a Wii Motherboard be Trimmed?

Hey All, I was curious to see how small the Wii Motherboard can be trimmed. I have a type of case that I want to use for a Portable Wii, but space is very limited. I understand the dimensions of the OMGWTF trim, but I have seen other, much smaller trims for the Wii Motherboard. (For example...