Search results

1. The Next Guy

Worklog Wooden Wii Laptop

Not much to say other than that this laptop is gonna be primarily made of 1/4" thick birch plywood, eventually to be stained. I have everything I need. To help with building I designed the whole thing in Fusion 360. Here is a simplistic render.
  2. The Next Guy

Pens!!!

Guys in the forums know I like to make pens but I'm sure I'm not the only one. Fly fishing kit: Breaking Waves Celtic Fountain Pen: Earth's Core Classic Fountain Pen: Texas Ebony Antique Brass Vertex: Green Stabilized Maple Burl. Made this one for ttsgeb.
  3. The Next Guy

The Super Pi

So over the last 2 weeks, I've been working on a project using the Raspberry Pi 3 as a portable gaming device. (Very original huh?) I made an attempt with it before using some really silly stuff inside of it: A USB SNES Controller, 18560s, RPI default audio... and so on. The final case thickness...
  4. The Next Guy

Worklog Crankshaft Android Auto Unit

I've been working on an Android Auto head unit. I'm using an RPi 3 to drive a 7" touchscreen over HDMI. Im by no means attempting to make this the smallest unit, just something functional. As if right now it works 100%. What I got for features: Uses Crankshaft to connect to Android phone with...
  5. The Next Guy

The Next Wii

I don't have any pictures to show off anything as of yet but I do have a list of features I want to include in this portable. Fully 3D printed case Laptop design 10.1" IPS VGA screen. 3 Watt speakers with digital audio and control. Battery level indicator All 4 GameCube controller ports...
  6. The Next Guy

Guide Wii Working Currents

So I was looking for information on how much current a Wii draws on each voltage line. I was on discord talking to Aurelio trying to figure it out when he shared a link to Cheese's notes on the difference current draws. Below are the maximum Amps drawn by each voltage line. | Volts | Amps ·|...
  7. The Next Guy

Solved No video on Wii

I've been slowly modding the Wii board step by step. First I took it out of the case and installed PortablizeMii, it booted. Then I used U9 to replace U5, booted. Then I took off all the on board regulators and hooked up mine. I'm using the AP6503A regulator, which can supply up to 3A. I've...
  8. The Next Guy

Question Arduino to program Free McBoot

I've seen a project that can read and write info to PS2 memory cards using an Arduino. Shouldn't it be possible to write Free McBoot using an Arduino in that case?
  9. The Next Guy

Bunches of Phones for Sale

Before I start off I wanna say prices are slightly negotiable, and that every phone listed here works and will connect to a network. All phones with custom firmware can be put back to stock. Samsung Galaxy S4: $100 Works just fine for what it does, about 3 hours of screen time while connected...
  10. The Next Guy

Amazing deal on 18650s

$5.00 for 2x Panasonic 18650s 3400 mAh (plus like $7 is shipping)!!! If someone could check if they are legit that would be nice but I am pretty sure that they are. http://www.ebay.com/itm/282382416864
  11. The Next Guy

Worklog The Next Wii

A cheesy name I know, and not just cause of cheese installer, but it is finally time for me to put out my worklog for The Next Wii portable. I have a few plans for this project starting out in baby steps. The mobo pictured is a Rev-01, but in the final product will be a Rev-40 trimmed and you...
  12. The Next Guy

John Madden

John Madden memes deserve a thread all to themselves am I right? Anyway, here is my collection:
  13. The Next Guy

Discussion Adding PTH to the BitBuilt store

Since the PTH regulators can be purchased for a significantly reduced price when bought in bulk, I figure that it would be somewhat profitable and cheaper. I would love to see this get put into action, though it may not happen.
  14. The Next Guy

Guide Gamecube Breakout Box

So you are making a portable and everything is going well. Half way through you decide that you want the ability to have multiple controllers connect to your portable; oh no, you don't have any more room but for one extra port because you didn't plan it out in the beginning. Or perhaps you made...
  15. The Next Guy

Show us your desktop!!!

Sorry if this should be in spam...
  16. The Next Guy

[Worklog] Super Pitendo

This project is self-explanatory. I'm taking a Raspberry Pi 2, chucking it into a case with a screen and batteries. I'll chop up a broken Super Nintendo controller and embed in into the case. The screen of my choice is a generic 5" widescreen TFT display. I don't really have a plan with...
  17. The Next Guy

The Arcade: I have a game to add

I have a game I have been working on for a while, It is cross compiled to HTML5/JS so it should be easily embeddable to your "Arcade" page. It doesn't have a score but it is still fun to play. It is a simple 2D adventure game with multiple levels, the goal is to reach the end, enter... Life of...