Search results

1. The Next Guy

Worklog Wooden Wii Laptop

Not much to say other than that this laptop is gonna be primarily made of 1/4" thick birch plywood, eventually to be stained. I have everything I need. To help with building I designed the whole thing in Fusion 360. Here is a simplistic render.
  2. The Next Guy

Pens!!!

Guys in the forums know I like to make pens but I'm sure I'm not the only one. Fly fishing kit: Breaking Waves Celtic Fountain Pen: Earth's Core Classic Fountain Pen: Texas Ebony Antique Brass Vertex: Green Stabilized Maple Burl. Made this one for ttsgeb.
  3. The Next Guy

The Super Pi

So over the last 2 weeks, I've been working on a project using the Raspberry Pi 3 as a portable gaming device. (Very original huh?) I made an attempt with it before using some really silly stuff inside of it: A USB SNES Controller, 18560s, RPI default audio... and so on. The final case thickness...
  4. The Next Guy

Worklog Crankshaft Android Auto Unit

Not gonna lie but the case is definitely janky. It's from a cheap 7 inch screen but the screen actually used in the project is not the same. It just so happened that the screen fit perfectly upside-down. Version 2 is gonna have a completely different case, probably 3D Printed entirely. It's...
  5. The Next Guy

Worklog Crankshaft Android Auto Unit

I've been working on an Android Auto head unit. I'm using an RPi 3 to drive a 7" touchscreen over HDMI. Im by no means attempting to make this the smallest unit, just something functional. As if right now it works 100%. What I got for features: Uses Crankshaft to connect to Android phone with...
  6. The Next Guy

The Next Wii

Finally got some progress. I bought this display from amazon. Its 7 inches, not 10 but it was very easy to slim down and to identify which components I could remove/relocate. I got the total thickness down to 6 mm, testing it along the way to make sure it still turned on and functioned. It runs...
  7. The Next Guy

The Next Wii

I don't have any pictures to show off anything as of yet but I do have a list of features I want to include in this portable. Fully 3D printed case Laptop design 10.1" IPS VGA screen. 3 Watt speakers with digital audio and control. Battery level indicator All 4 GameCube controller ports...
  8. The Next Guy

Guide Wii Working Currents

So I was looking for information on how much current a Wii draws on each voltage line. I was on discord talking to Aurelio trying to figure it out when he shared a link to Cheese's notes on the difference current draws. Below are the maximum Amps drawn by each voltage line. | Volts | Amps ·|...
  9. The Next Guy

5 Inch 640x480 VGA Screen

Found one on Amazon https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07B8JNKT3/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_9BNRCbB9TRKK2
  10. The Next Guy

Worklog The Next Wii

This project is on hold until I finish the second portable I'm working on is finished. I still have the case and all but I'm thinking I'll have to change the batteries and possibly completely rip out the old GC Controller from the front of the case.
  11. The Next Guy

Solved No video on Wii

So it works now, after trimming the board. even bridging those MX pins didn't help. I don't know how reliable this info is but i found that the video signal outputs 0.7V when video is outputting. In the cases where the Wii wouldn't boot, it outputted 0V.
  12. The Next Guy

Solved No video on Wii

What do those pins do?
  13. The Next Guy

Solved No video on Wii

I'll try cleaning it up, and yes all voltages are outputting properly. I get a slight fluctuations of ± 0.05V max.
  14. The Next Guy

Solved No video on Wii

15. The Next Guy

Solved No video on Wii

I've been slowly modding the Wii board step by step. First I took it out of the case and installed PortablizeMii, it booted. Then I used U9 to replace U5, booted. Then I took off all the on board regulators and hooked up mine. I'm using the AP6503A regulator, which can supply up to 3A. I've...
  16. The Next Guy

Question Arduino to program Free McBoot

I've seen a project that can read and write info to PS2 memory cards using an Arduino. Shouldn't it be possible to write Free McBoot using an Arduino in that case?
  17. The Next Guy

Bunches of Phones for Sale

Before I start off I wanna say prices are slightly negotiable, and that every phone listed here works and will connect to a network. All phones with custom firmware can be put back to stock. Samsung Galaxy S4: $100 Works just fine for what it does, about 3 hours of screen time while connected...
  18. The Next Guy

Super Mario World is great and all but Super Castlevania is where its at.

Super Mario World is great and all but Super Castlevania is where its at.
  19. The Next Guy

Got my switch finally, friend code: SW-5916-4534-0209

Got my switch finally, friend code: SW-5916-4534-0209