Search results

1. ruumoo

'Nintendo Switch and Joycon Mesh Models

The Nintendos JoyCon Color Configurator uses unprotected, unencrypted .obj files, which can be downloaded by anyone. They aren't very high poly, but may come in handy for someone If anyone wants to use them for rendering, the textures and .mtl files are also openly accessible via the inspector
  2. ruumoo

Worklog ProCon Shells

As many other, I bought a Switch to pass the time during lockdown but after a few day, the ergonomic problems of the joycons in portable mode really started to show. Then I got the idea to create some simple fix for them, that anyone could perform. After taking them apart, I quickly realized...
  3. ruumoo

Question MX chip neccessary components

I'm planning to compleatly desolder the MX-Chip, and placing it on my own PCB, but after working through the OMGWTF guide as well as the conpendium, I'm still not sure what components are actually needed for it to run. My guess is, that you need the big 4pin package with the two small caps...
  4. ruumoo

Question Power Draw of trimmed Wii

I took a look at the Custom Regulator Page and noticed that it says the wii draws about 31W, but by adding up the power draw on the different voltage rails I only get about 5.8W (3.3V*0.66A)+(1.15V*1.8A)+(1V*1.53A)=5.778W Do the rest of of the components, that get removed really draw more than...
  5. ruumoo

Question Sensorbar Signal and MX Chip desoldering

I was planning to desolder the MX chip and solder itdirectly to my own PCB from my worklog. My Question is, are there any important connections on the small cutup PCB from the OMGWTF Trim? My second Question is, how is the Wii sensorbar driven? I know it basically puts out two IR Dots, that the...
  6. ruumoo

Discussion Custom BMS Balancer

I thought about creating my own 3s Li-ion balancing/charging circuit to place on my recent projects pcb. But after some research, I havent found any solid leads on how to approach something like this. For comparison, if you search for "DIY audio amp circuit", you get truckloads of great designs...
  7. ruumoo

Question Bluetooth chip socket

I will keep this simple: does anyone know how the type of connector on the bluetooth chip is called?
  8. ruumoo

Worklog Wii motherboard interface PCB / WII Portable (still unnamed)

The Goal of this project is to create a custom PCB that holds all the neccesary comopnents, you need for a wii portable, as well as having a large cutout in the center to place a trimmed motherboard and have convenient solderpads in the right place to connect to the mobo via some hookup wires...
  9. ruumoo

Discussion Wii custom motherboard PCB

I started my Portable Wii project about a year ago and managed to do the OMGWTF-trim successfully, but I never finished the project. Now I was thinking of reviving the project and today on the bus, I got to think , if it could be possible to design a custom motherboard and transplant the...