Search results

1. Cid

Solved Mounting speakers

Exactly like me for my NES portable! :D Forgot to mention : these speakers and amplifiers are really inexpensive too in lots.
  2. Cid

Solved Mounting speakers

I would suggest using a PAM8403 amplifier with two 8ohm speakers, like GameBoy family speakers or even DS Lite or 3DS speakers. They are tiny, slim, and they sound great. The amplifier can also get pretty loud and is tiny too.
  3. Cid

Question Power issue on GPU

OK... At this point, I don't really know what to do. Maybe cutting the wires shorter, or replace the AC Adapter with another one. :|
  4. Cid

Question Power issue on GPU

For power, I would suggest you to use 18awg (computer power supply) wire or thicker. Because at some point the thinner the wire; the higher the resistance.
  5. Cid

Question SD card slot

You can also clean dirty contacts with acetone and Q-Tips if you have some. Be careful with acetone though. Especially with plastic. It's a bit corrosive. So wear safety googles ans read the precautions on the sticker before using this. Don't forget to wash your hands when you are done. I use it...
  6. Cid

Best place to get rubber tact switches in Canada?

I think I found a deal here!
  7. Cid

Components housing techniques?

Thank you! Basically, what I have to do is to accommodate parts of the housing of my electronics by cutting, sanding and epoxying them whenever possible. Do you have anything to add for custom circuits on prefboards like a DIY protection circuit or memory card for example?
  8. Cid

Components housing techniques?

Hello! I was wondering if anyone had any techniques to share for housing components in a case that is originally not made for your perticular components, especially with Frankencasing, like buttons, joysticks, switches, screen, breadboards... It's not just a matter of hot glue. -How do make...
  9. Cid

Question 64CC (PE); Only for OEM N64 Controller?

Like Luke said, I don't think cutting a Hori controller is worth it. In your case, what matters is getting a controller that supports analog sticks, such as a Superpad or a Yobo controller.
  10. Cid

Worklog Noah's JB64

I am talking about the third party one in post 33.
  11. Cid

Worklog Noah's JB64

What third party controller did you use for that perticular build? I may pick one up.
  12. Cid

If you can't find any 50K joystick, you can buy a TTX Tech OG Controller. These new revisions of N64 controllers usually come with a joystick like the USB controller in my last post instead of two basic ones. You'll only need to search for some joystick caps that would fit...
  13. Cid

Discussion N64 Reproduction carts appear on AliExpress

I have to admit that I wonder how these are made. :?:
  14. Cid

The joystick I used looks like the one on this controller. Maybe some kind of non-standard one. Something I may suggest is to make sure that you don't touch the contacts on your joystick with your fingers. I had a hard time figuring this out until I realized that after a couple of...
  15. Cid

Now that you mention it... :\
  16. Cid

@cheese Yeah. The red wire is probably common V+ and the brown wire (which was actually black) is probably common ground. That desing was really confusing for me at fisrt. Like you, I'm like: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ (BTW TTX Tech and Cirka are using the exact same board!)
  17. Cid

Here's the diagram! This is how my analog stick is wired up. The stick comes from a N64 USB controller that I took appart.
  18. Cid

Sure! When I get home tomorrow, I'll show you some pictures of a modded controller and some diagram! I think I have and extra controller that I could mod. It will keep me busy! ;)
  19. Cid

I got one of these generic controllers a few months ago. Replaced the stock stick with a standard third party one like this. The joystick was working, until the controller itself stopped working fine, so I threw it in the trash. XD In short, you can replace the stock joystick on a generic N64...
  20. Cid

Discussion N64 Reproduction carts appear on AliExpress

That's kind of scary for the N64 market. That's unfortunate, but I guess that it was going to happen someday...