Search results

1. Question rip me im tilted

Man it's always something I swear. Well, here's the story. I was wiring up memory card ports to my trim everything went smooth cool cool. I plugged my flash drive (128 gb lexar tiny one) into my pc and started to transfer a cube game onto it. Gets 70% of the way through and then my pc tells me...
  2. Solved Fried My Trim?

So I was wiring up the 3v lines to the bluetooth module and I accidentally hit the ground pin of my power switch (soldered to the board ground) with the end of one of the wires because I'm dumb and wasn't being careful and paying attention. Saw and heard a spark and now the board wont boot. The...
  3. Question No rumble after trim?

As the title implies, I've got no rumble in my cube controller after a trim on a 4 layer board. The rumble worked before the trim and the controller is getting 5 volts so I'm not really sure what's going on here. The trim works fine as well (obviously). I have a wasp fusion installed on a cube...
  4. Question Trim Not Booting/Weird USB Shenanigans

Well, just like the title says my trim isn't booting. The cpu and gpu both heat up slowly. The board worked just fine before the trim, and I have checked all of the regs multiple times. U10 is wired up with the trace cut and is receiving power. Nothing happens for a bit when I turn the power on...
  5. Question Resistors for Regulators

So I'm curious, what does everyone do for resistor values regarding the pth08080w regulators? They require some pretty oddly specific resistance to get the needed voltage for wiis so I haven't been able to find singular resistors with the correct values. I haven't actually strung them together...
  6. Solved U10 Trace Cut

Quick question. For the OM6 trim, does the trace still need to be cut before relocating the U10 transistor? The 6 layer expansion guide mentions that the relocation spot remains available and that only one via needs to be connected but doesn't mention anything about cutting the trace. I didn't...
  7. Solved Easiest way to remove Wii components?

So I could use a little advice here. What does everyone do for desoldering components? I've noticed that Nintendo's boards are usually pretty tough when it comes to trying to desolder things. I've learned that you can actually just break the GameCube controller ports off clean and not lose any...
  8. Question Brickless-Power

Since I'm dealing with power here I decided it better to ask first instead of just winging it. I'm hoping to achieve power without a brick, like Gman's Wii Micro. How should I go about this? What would I need? IIRC wii portables run off less than 2 amps, so could I just get a 12v 2 amp power...
  9. Question Audio Jacks and Cooling

So I have two unrelated questions. 1. I'd like to add 4 3.5mm jacks to a cube. I have 5v amp. Wiring I assume is easy enough, just 4 pots and jacks in parallel but I'm a bit hung up on what jacks and pots to use. I'm pretty confident I can just use standard 3 pin headphone jacks just fine, but...