Search results

1. ToxicBananaFish

Question LUA System Error when using VGA

I've just recently tackled the VGA for my G-Wii work in progress. When testing with composite, everything works completely fine, but when it is switched to VGA, I get an error saying that topbar.lua could not be found. I've checked the drive and the file is in path that it says it should be in...
  2. ToxicBananaFish

Solved Why does my Wii turn on without pressing power button?

I just tried to test my trim and battery connections, but when I soldered the wires to the PMS, it instantly turned on and would not turn off when pressing the power button. My first thought was that the btn pin was shorted to ground, but this is not the case, as I tested and got no continuity...
  3. ToxicBananaFish

Solved Will my Wii work after trimming with the pad from the 1.8v regulator being broken?

The pad that the built in 1.8v regulator decided to come off of the board with the regulator itself, pulling up a resistor labeled "R1" with it as well. Will my board still be able to work after it's trimmed? This is the best picture I could get.
  4. ToxicBananaFish

Worklog G-Flip (Wii Portable)

I want to make something like a Nintendo Switch, but as a Wii Portable. When I say "something like a Nintendo Switch," I'm not referring to the way it looks or feels. I'm referring to the ability to "dock" it for external TV output and support for external GC controllers. I hope for my portable...
  5. ToxicBananaFish

How should I trim my Wii in order to keep video, sensor bar, and Gamecube controller ports?

I want to build a laptop that uses external controllers, but I want the ability to also plug it into a TV with a sensor bar as well. I plan on using RVL-PMS-2 if/when it's back in stock, but I'd like to know where exactly I should trim the board to keep all the ports except for the SD slot. I...